Race village

The race village opened this morning so I thought I would go and check it out.

The volvo race village has utilized all of the upgrades that the Auckland council did to Winyard quater and the viaduct harbour and volvo will make this area come alive again. Parking like anything in town is limited and is pay and display unless you park further away and walk.

Coming from the city center side of the viaduct you will firstly come across a big black keep the ocean clean stall. In here you will be able to watch a small documentary about the worlds oceans and what can be done to protect them. I wasnt feeling green enough to enter, so I wouldnt exactly know what its like.

post-10945-141887197447.jpg

Next on the agenda is the game/interactive zone as you have the grinding challenge, water walker, race simulator and 3d movie. These are definitely going to keep the kids entertained as well as those 'younger older' folk who love just having fun. So far the crew.org time to beat on the grinding challenge is 11 seconds set by yours truly and im sure some of you could get under 9.

post-10945-141887197451.jpg

post-10945-141887197453.jpg

post-10945-141887197456.jpg

post-10945-141887197464.jpg

The next area is where all the live entertainment will happen with over 60 bands. For those of you who like a drink or food while you listen to live music there will also be food and drink for sale right infront of the stage. For those of you who dont like standing there are also a number of large bean bags to sit on.

post-10945-141887197458.jpg

post-10945-141887197461.jpg

In the event center you have the DHL marine showcase with some of New Zealands best marine company on display. There is also the volvo center next which is a must visit if you like driving diggers, looking at machinery as well as there audio visual set up and you cant forget about the team bases with Camper having an open day on Wednesday.

post-10945-14188719747.jpg

post-10945-141887197467.jpg

Its well worth having a look so go and have some fun.

also theres

Free paddleboarding

Try standup paddleboarding with PUMA - free 30 minute lesson with instructor and equipment. 12 - 6pm from the tidal steps on Karanga Plaza. Must be able to swim!

Try Sailing

Learn how to sail with the Volvo Race Academy! Open to the public from 10am - 4pm tomorrow - free instruction on the Volvo Try Sailing fleet led by Yachting New Zealand instructors.

Aw bugger it's a coffee grinder! Maybe me and Megwyn can team up. :D

Sure, if we are there at the same time :) LOL - we can share the prize :wink:

Its seriously cool down here!

I just did the 3D movie and motion master. My 1.5 year old loved it too.

im at the north sails stand in the marine export showcaase, stop by if you are down here.

Archived