need to ship an outboard

grant

thought I would try the crew.org network....

I've just bought a 4hp Envinrude outboard from Omaha, with details of "Pick up will be in Warkworth or can drop off in North Shore or Central Akl. "

The seller has offered to put it in a box and drop off at Mainfreight, any alternative thoughts or suggestions for getting far beyond the Bombay's to that place of gentle breezes, Wellington? :D

I could bolt it to an offcut of 8x2 and point it in direction of lower North Island and pull the start cord for you. Give it a few days and then you would have to row out and grab it as it zips past. Just let me know which coast you want it to come down. Or am I trying to think of solutions too early in the morning? :wink:

If they are willing to drop in on the Shore get them to drop it in here and we can send it on easily and a lot cheaper than Mainfreight.

From recent experience Mainfreight can take a long time to get things delivered (seemed to have a hard time keeping track of a recent urgent shipment), I would tke KM's offer if I were you.

(seemed to have a hard time keeping track of a recent urgent shipment),
That's simply because it was urgent rigger. If it was not urgent, you would have tripped over it when you went to open the door in the morning. :wink:
(seemed to have a hard time keeping track of a recent urgent shipment),
That's simply because it was urgent rigger. If it was not urgent, you would have tripped over it when you went to open the door in the morning. :wink:

took longer to get one item delivered from Akl than several larger items from Europe, all were urgent. :crazy:

I could bolt it to an offcut of 8x2 and point it in direction of lower North Island and pull the start cord for you. Give it a few days and then you would have to row out and grab it as it zips past. Just let me know which coast you want it to come down. Or am I trying to think of solutions too early in the morning? :wink:

maybe in need of the first coffee.... interesting idea though.... :lol:

If they are willing to drop in on the Shore get them to drop it in here and we can send it on easily and a lot cheaper than Mainfreight.

thanks, I'll put that too them,

and now I feel obliged to rig the boat over the weekend, do some measuring and buy some pieces of string off you as well.... :D

Archived