Just in time for Easter :-(

Farrari

I shouldn't have expected anything else given this summer's crap weather ........

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/6667192/Storm-brewing-warns-MetService

MetService is urging people to "enjoy the weekend" as the weather looks set to deteriorate for Easter.

Heavy rain is forecast to set in next week, and it is expected to hit worst those areas that have already suffered under a deluge of rain in the past month.

No it's gonna hang around and pounce on Palmerston North at around 16:00 on Thursday, causing cancellation of all flights in & out thereby forcing me to spend some of Easter there or rent a car and drive home in atrocious conditions. :crazy:

Yes AA - looking at the forecast this morning it looks like the storm is going to centre itself over Palmy on Wed night and hover there for the next two days :lol:

What's happening to our Global Warming ??? Come folks, are you lot doing your bit. Here are a few tips for helping to warm our Planet and Melt a few Glaciers to raise the sealevel, which has a two fold benifit. It gives us more Sailing grounds and it reduces the Coastal area that can be claimed by the Natives.

For those of you that have Woodburners of some kind, this winter try burning old Car tyres in it.

When Filling your Car, add 50/50 of Petrol and Diesel. It is very benificial.it adds upper cylinder lubrication, is cheaper than pure Petrol and the smoke that is produced is awesome.

I have a canister of R10 in the Shed I think I might put to good use.

Come on folks, lets make our Summer next year one to remember for a change.

Well I'm hoping for some REAL crappy weather at Easter so I can test all my storm gear. So given that it's rained every bloody weekend that we've been trying to work on the boat this summer, it'll probably be mint weather at Easter. :thumbdown:

pwederell - what's it like up in Vanuatu today?

Thanks for packing up this little cyclone and sending it our way for Easter btw!

pwederell - what's it like up in Vanuatu today?

Thanks for packing up this little cyclone and sending it our way for Easter btw!

Correspondence from the lovely Sue in Vanuatu this morning:

Had a pretty rough night weather wise - a low come down from the Solomon's - came closer to us than predicted so we had strong winds and lots of rain. ....Still windy here, but stopped raining and the sun is out.

Nicer than here by the sounds.

So where is this shite weather exactly? It's still sunny here in Auck.

Why doesn't it come soon and leave soon. If it's gonna come.

Heard that new guy Met Service on the radio this morning who replaced Bob McDavitt - he was shocking - spoke a whole load ot technical gubbinbs, all very interesting to him I;m sure, but wouldn't give a clear answer about what's gonna happen. Really, he was terrible. He needs to be told. All I gleaned was the S Island should be quite nice all week and into Easter.

So where is this shite weather exactly? It's still sunny here in Auck.

Why doesn't it come soon and leave soon. If it's gonna come.

Heard that new guy Met Service on the radio this morning who replaced Bob McDavitt - he was shocking - spoke a whole load ot technical gubbinbs, all very interesting to him I;m sure, but wouldn't give a clear answer about what's gonna happen. Really, he was terrible. He needs to be told. All I gleaned was the S Island should be quite nice all week and into Easter.

Its here. There is a huge swell rolling into the beach. Waves breaking further out than I have seen them before. My Mum was speaking to her friend that lives in Tauranga, and she said that she has never seen it so rough there.

The wind is blowing the crests right off the waves, and it is hard to see the sea through the thick mist. So it is here AC.

Add to that that even with all the windows and the doors closed (double glazing), the ocean sounds like a jet passing overhead.

Wonderful :D Hopefully it will be all over by Friday. But Thursday looks a little rough for the Auck to Tga.

Interesting. So it's currently central N Island. They did say Gisborne and BoP would bear the brunt... wonder if Auck and Northland coastline is gonna miss the worst of it (he says hopefully)?

Archived