Easter in the BOP

Megwyn

Well, 2toTanga and Repeat Offender were planning to do some rafting up at Gt Mercury for Easter. However, the foul weather has prevented that from happening.

As a result, depending on weather on Saturday, we are considering bringing the Offender down to Tauranga. We were wondering if there was anything organised there for this weekend, or if anyone was interested in an impromptu rafting up somewhere in the harbour. We are keen to meet some of the Tga sailors!

PM me, or answer here - I check back regularly.

ps - we plan to come through the gap, which means an early start on Sat, providing the wind is not too strong.

M

There is a possibility we will be out on the harbour on Sat. depending on the weather, keep in touch. We were going to the Jazz festival during the day with Frenzy and maybe Rigmarole crew, that's usually pretty good - worth it for you maybe we prefer the non-jazz music which is supplied there also - keep in touch.

Also Rigger, on Tuesday I watched a container ship coming in the entrance, in the afternoon, it was almost broaching!! Were you around, it looked quite exciting!! At that time the POT harbour conditions recorded 10.8m max Wave height !

There is a possibility we will be out on the harbour on Sat. depending on the weather, keep in touch. We were going to the Jazz festival during the day with Frenzy and maybe Rigmarole crew, that's usually pretty good - worth it for you maybe we prefer the non-jazz music which is supplied there also - keep in touch.

Hmm - jazz festival - thats right - where do they hold that?

Also Rigger, on Tuesday I watched a container ship coming in the entrance, in the afternoon, it was almost broaching!! Were you around, it looked quite exciting!! At that time the POT harbour conditions recorded 10.8m max Wave height !

No - I was meant to work that night.

Was working Wedneday morning, was only a max wave height of 6 then I think, Significant wave height was 3.6m.

The jazz festival is held in the centre of town, mainly on the Strand. Maybe you could moor your boat at the bridge marina area or over by Sandfords and pass under the bridge in your tender to the centre of the action - usually several bands are playing music (not always Jazz luckily) and you wander from one to the other stopping at the most favourable for a drink usually with friends - quite a nice atmosphere usually - and after a while the music just gets better and better, funnily enough??!!

Also Rigger, the POT survey boat was surveying the harbour for hours up the harbour between Matakana and Matua - know anything about that - getting it ready for dredging??

Archived