Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 7

SloopJohnB

Sailonline World Race 2011-2012 - Leg 7

Leg 7 in this 9 leg race across the globe. Leg 7: A race from Miami to Lisbon across 3590nm in a VO70. Fair Winds challengers! Race #411 NOR / POLAR. WX Updates: 0430 / 1030 / 1630 / 2230. RANKING: Ocean/SYC/SOL WorldRace

Race starts: May 20th 17:00 Registration Open!

(36 to go)

0500 am Monday morning.

Bloody hell the bondage man will cross in front of the "Sloop"

Must be getting into the crusing mode.

From my post on the SOL forum.

I am losing interest in SOLing now, without the need/use of routing programs I feeling left behind and the enthusiasm is on the down. I don't get up for the new weather anymore and not at the computer, well on SOL during the day for the new weathers.

After my sheer brilliant in the Hobart/Christchurch race many years ago and some other good results 9th in the last SOR (Volvo) I have slowly sliding down the rankings, It use to be fun but now it seams to to involved transferring girps (or what ever the electronic form of the wind), polars between computers and programmes and want ever else happens.

I also use to like the short races where we chip the corners, but are people talk about vmgs, vmcs and a whole lot more acronyms I start getting dizzy.

BRING BACK BUCK oops "SOTP".

I have enjoyed the time I have sailed and make contacts in different places around the world, and can only think what the "Gods of SOL" have put into the excellent software.

The "Sloop" might be sailing off into the sunset after crossing the line at Galway.

(34 to go)

I have to save on the posting rate, have to stay under 5000. So I I am editing earlier posts.

Yes KM, there are.

http://www.sailonline.org/board/

Where you can learn all the latest tips and tricks to beat your competitors . . .

and me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agree SJB. I'm now only in for the time filling and don't take it serioulsy due to what you said. I spend more time playing with my weird ideas about trip/route planing and how they pan out than racing anyone. Hence the often very Crazy Ivan like courses I have.

There are SOL forums?

Archived