General Lee

SJB has great powers of deduction

and it could be the fact that SJB Junior was with us.

Davie Norris and I are on the way back on Drifter whilst the guys we last seen heading up wind back towards Gannet Rock so they can get a downwind blast in.

Yesterday was a fantastic day for sailing and the Helicopter got a lot of Great shots which I am sure will be here very soon!

Looking forward to FIJI

Yesterday was a fantastic day for sailing and the Helicopter got a lot of Great shots which I am sure will be here very soon!

Yes please! Looking forward to those. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I'v just seen some photos from sat, fu*k it's cool, its going to give some of the bigger boats a shock in a fortnight. Nice work brett another awesome boat

Rodder's, were's the videos? Streaming Picture's, otherwise it didn't happen........I surpose that what goes off-shore-stays off-shore, but we want the action! The boat looks great and I'm sure that Davie and the team have done a great job and I'm sure that Brett is more than pleased! :clap:

We will have a little video up on the website soon I am sure Bimy, You know the Ginga always has a camera in hand!

Hoping to get some good days in on the way to Fiji! then we will get some footage!

Rum racing Friday them Squadron race Sat this week!

The boat is back on the hard for the finishing touches and saftey inspection for a couple of days.

If anyone would like one Davie Norris is still in town!, How come the Aussie keep buying them but there has been no interest from NZ buyers!

I would think a yacht that is as simple to sail with this amount ouf sail area and more righting moment would be right up a number of peoples alley and within reach of a good number as well.

It gets the CofG lower therefore more righting moment and the chine increases the effective draft of the keel when heeled - so a righting moment increase, and an increase in hydrodynamic efficiency, but at the cost of an increase in drag due to increased wetted area. You will find that most Grand Prix yachts have something like this and even the more recent AC boats use this form even with the benefit of wings as well.

That is REALLY a good looking boat! Please excuse my ignorance, but I notice that the pullpit/pushpit/staunchions are black. What are they made of and why? The black frame thing in the middle of the transom - is that there simply to mount things to?

Stanchions are GRP ex. C-Spar/Southern Spars and the pushpit/pulpits are s/s finished black to match the GRP stanchions. The frame in the centre of the transom is because the distance between pushpits exceeds the maximum 2.1m spacing for lifelines and becomes a support bracket for the satcom dome, GPS etc. The twin legged frame rather than s simgle stanchion is to allow an emergency tiller to pivot between them - note the sockets for emerency gudgeons and rudder in transom.

Archived