New Wild Thing

Fogg

Very nice! Trying to figure out what the two lines inside the cabin with all the purchase are used for. Hard to see from the pics but I'm guessing they are used for rotating the prod???

Very nice! Trying to figure out what the two lines inside the cabin with all the purchase are used for. Hard to see from the pics but I'm guessing they are used for rotating the prod???

I think that's right but WT will obviously confirm. I wasn't paying much attention to the sailing of the boat, more taking pics and trying to keep out of the way!

I think that's right but WT will obviously confirm. I wasn't paying much attention to the sailing of the boat, more taking pics and trying to keep out of the way!

Thanks for the flattering pics Rob. And thanks to Richard with Cool Change for the loan of his spare main.

Yeah, the lines in the cabin are prt/stb cant for the prod. That system is a little stiff though, might have to invent a rev. B for that.....! Otherwise everything seemed to work pretty well. Nice day for a sail.

Thanks for the flattering pics Rob.

Thanks for the ride. Next time I'll get some of you underway from AC.

We'll do a winter series race with GH this coming weekend before we start with Weiti the week after. If you're keen for that, come out.

Awesome day for a sail up at GH today. Nice big Easterlie swell coming in and about 18-20 kts of breeze. Dropped WT off a few big waves on the beats. Hard enough to feel I had to have a quick check down stairs. But no issues with the boat. Lost some rig tension as our lashing bedded in, and managed to damage our nice carbon #3 through a slight over sight rounding the bottom mark, but otherwise all good!

Cool. And how did you position at this early stage?

DNF! We didn't see the headstay was slack as we wound luff on the jib before we rounded the bottom mark, so as we came around the jib took way too much load on the luff.....and pulled the tack patch out of the sail. It was the only jib we had for the conditions unfortunately. We tried to go with the #4, but had foil issues, maybe damage from the #3 incident. So after fluffing about with that for a while we decided we were content with what we'd learned so far and went to the bar :-)

Archived