AC 2010 TV coverage ?

eighty8

This might help you.

http://33rd.americascup.com/en/regate/s ... ces-49-936

LIVE VIDEO STREAMING

For the first time in the history of the America's Cup, races will be broadcast live free of charge on www.americascup.com. Video feed will be supplemented (in French and Spanish) with a Live Ticker animated by the best sailing experts

By the sounds of things SA will be doing something.

The Program is... While we still can't tell you exactly how much of our coverage will work or just what ACM have planned with their live feeds, we know the elements that we love to create. OTW video of the event - both live and post-race HD highlights, live chat room, live daily talk shows, interviews with the interesting and not-so-interesting, beautiful on-the-spot photography, and more inside news and first-time information than anywhere on Earth.

Our first OTW Anarchy "Cocktail Hour" will start at 7 PM local/1 PM EDT/10 AM PDT on Sunday the 7th, and it will bring together the world's leading AC journalists to share a drink and some analysis on the action of the next morning. And our biggest surprise of all is my co-host for the week: Current reigning US Women's Match Race Champion, Morning Light alum, and all-around badass sailor chick Genny Tulloch. If I were smart, I'd shut up and let her do the talking - but I'm not that smart.

This might help you.

http://33rd.americascup.com/en/regate/s ... ces-49-936

LIVE VIDEO STREAMING

For the first time in the history of the America's Cup, races will be broadcast live free of charge on http://www.americascup.com. Video feed will be supplemented (in French and Spanish) with a Live Ticker animated by the best sailing experts

By the sounds of things SA will be doing something.

The Program is... While we still can't tell you exactly how much of our coverage will work or just what ACM have planned with their live feeds, we know the elements that we love to create. OTW video of the event - both live and post-race HD highlights, live chat room, live daily talk shows, interviews with the interesting and not-so-interesting, beautiful on-the-spot photography, and more inside news and first-time information than anywhere on Earth.

Our first OTW Anarchy "Cocktail Hour" will start at 7 PM local/1 PM EDT/10 AM PDT on Sunday the 7th, and it will bring together the world's leading AC journalists to share a drink and some analysis on the action of the next morning. And our biggest surprise of all is my co-host for the week: Current reigning US Women's Match Race Champion, Morning Light alum, and all-around badass sailor chick Genny Tulloch. If I were smart, I'd shut up and let her do the talking - but I'm not that smart.

TV? :crazy:

BMW ORACLE Racing has you covered – follow all of the action online with “Race Day”.

Valencia (February 4, 2010) – BMW ORACLE Racing will produce unprecedented online coverage of its challenge for the 33rd America’s Cup, beginning with a team press conference on Friday February 5.

The team’s “Race Day” coverage, on www.bmworacleracing.com, will feature hours of live, original programming each race day, including the official live feed of the racing from the Host Broadcaster.

The first live streaming event on the website is scheduled for tomorrow (Friday) at 19:30 CET (13:30 EST, 10:30 PST) when team founder Larry Ellison (USA), CEO Russell Coutts (NZL) and skipper James Spithill (AUS), meet the media at the BMW ORACLE Racing team base in Valencia, Spain.

“Race Day” programming kicks off on Monday, February 8, the first scheduled race day of the Match.

“Race Day” consists of several blocks of live programming, bringing an unprecedented, live, behind-the-scenes look at the team to sailing fans worldwide:

The Dock-Out Show – watch the team prepare for battle as they leave for the race course.

The Morning Show – an insider’s look at the history of the America’s Cup, the 33rd edition of the oldest trophy in sports, and BMW ORACLE Racing, live from the Oracle Cinema at the Team Base.

The Pre-Race Show – news and analysis ahead of the racing.

The 33rd America’s Cup Match – we will then carry the official live feed from the Host Broadcaster, bringing you all of the action from the race course. Racing is scheduled to start with a 10:00 warning signal ahead of the 10:06 start gun.

The Post-Race Show – analysis of what happened on the race course, featuring expert commentary.

The Dock-In Show – cheer on the American challenger as the team returns to shore following the race.

Be sure to check www.bmworacleracing.com for air times.

“We’re excited to be able to share our America’s Cup experience with our supporters, and we’re glad so many people will be able to be a part of what is sure to be an incredible Match,” said Russell Coutts, CEO of the team.

“The America’s Cup has always been about the latest in technology, both on and off the water. Today it is easier than ever for us to bring the story of our team directly to our fans, and with “Race Day” that is exactly what we are doing.”

BMW ORACLE Racing and its 90-foot trimaran, USA, featuring a towering 68-meter (223 feet) wing sail, will meet the Swiss defender, Alinghi 5, a catamaran, in a first-to-win-two-race Match.

Does anyone know if there'll be a place in Auckland broadcasting the match live ? A Pub on the viaduct, the Squadron ? Alinghi base? ETNZ base ? 10pm for the start is not like 2am like last cup !

Does anyone know if there'll be a place in Auckland broadcasting the match live ? A Pub on the viaduct, the Squadron ? Alinghi base? ETNZ base ? 10pm for the start is not like 2am like last cup !

What a great idea

ust called Fox's - they're showing the sky coverage

See ya there - and if you get there before I do - mine's a Mt. Gay on ice!

So who's going? I could be interested... Bit of a hike from Botany tho, midnight finish?

Soooo, coverage at 9.45 on TV - does this mean endless promo garbage and racing at 3am? Or racing at 10pm?

Anyone know? I've got a few "Sky-less" blokes wanting to come around and watch it at my place..........

I can't wait - these things have never raced, never mind raced each other. They don't know their own limits for gear etc. Could be better than a wet Western Springs Midget car racing on a Saturday night - carnage!!

The box pre-start could be real interesting...........

Cheers, Terry

races will be broadcast live free of charge

Nothing is ever Free. There will be a catch somewhere. Like Advertising and heaps of it.

Darn the Sky only thing though. I don't get Sky and I don't get fast enough DSL to watch it on line either. :cry:

Soooo, coverage at 9.45 on TV - does this mean endless promo garbage and racing at 3am? Or racing at 10pm?

Pulled this off the official website

Monday 8 February 2010 from 10 am (CET): Race 1

09:00 – 20:00 AC Park Open to the public (Food and beverage, Giant Screen,...), children activities,...

09:30 – 12:30 Children’s Day – School Visits

09:45 : Start of the race live coverage on the Giant screen in AC park

10:00 Warning signal for Race 1

19:00 Free Concert – Sedajazz – Soul & Jazz - AC Park Stage

20:00-23:00/24:00 Quique Dacosta restaurant /Gastro bar open - Veles e Vents

Archived