AC 2010 TV coverage ?

eighty8

passed out on the couch and woke to this

12:04

Still the breezes are very light and unsettled and the information we have is that the breeze is now in the NW, around 300 deg at the committee boat, and only 3-4 knots and 250 degrees 6 knots. Remember we are talking of a beat which is to be set at 20 miles. Alinghi appear to have kept moving the most, sailing around the possible race area.

A comment by Peter Williams this Morning said that these boats were so exciting, they would bring the sport back into the Public interest. Yeah well....first they have to be able to make viewing easily available to the Public.

Why yacht racing will never be a mainstream TV event. :)

As the man said, hurry up and wait!

I saw more cricket last night than I ever need to. The Premier league round up was good though on SS1. GO the lilly whites!!!

But TVNZ used to show the AC on TV1. Why couldn't they last night. Not to mention that TVNZ Sports channel on Free view that never had anything on it apart from boring repeats of the last Games. I see it is no longer being broadcast. That would have been an ideal way of seeing it. What was the point of that channel anyway.

But TVNZ used to show the AC on TV1. Why couldn't they last night. Not to mention that TVNZ Sports channel on Free view that never had anything on it apart from boring repeats of the last Games. I see it is no longer being broadcast. That would have been an ideal way of seeing it. What was the point of that channel anyway.

careful. you are asking some very hard questions

The fact that it actually almost happened last night has caught everyone by surprise probably.

The freeview thing requires money to be spent to buy programs i would assume.

Another place to watch may be the Kingslander. They had it on the big screen, with sound, last night. Although the guy said that their licence only goes until midnight and would probably have closed up around 12:30. I gave up about an hour before that.

If it's rescheduled to Wed night (NZT) though, presume the RNZYS might sort something out...

Yeh that channel was the whole point that i got freeview. So that I could watch sports like sail. But then they got rid of it, so now I'm back to downloading shows from the UK and watch live online. Was interesting to see the two boats finally out there. Its going to be so hard for them to find consistent breeze over a 20 mile leg in the Mediterranean winter. Good luck I say

Who knows someone at Sky?

I am sure that everyone that waited up to see it would rather watch old Sea Master sailing episodes or old cup footage rather than listening the Hayley Holt that smoked way too much crack/pole at the sevens? Surely they could have put something better on?

Its not taht hard is it????

Amercias Cup on TV = People interested in sailing will watch it

Cricket on TV = People interested in cricket will watch it

Coronation Street = All your wives...

Now if the pope was to make a speech but was running late you would not put Hugh Hefners bitches on would you???

Here is the Sky situation as I know it.

After requests from some yachting people Sky decide to show a live feed that they have on Thursday last week after it was clear no other channels were. Sky has never screened live yachting before.

They are certain that the rating will prove this this was probably not worth their efforts of rescheduling, expense and advertising. The feed is a world wide one that just happens to have kiwi commentators.

I would be happy with what you get and don't complain too loudly. Easy for them to just not help us out next time, and leave us all to the internet connections.

Here is the Sky situation as I know it.

After requests from some yachting people Sky decide to show a live feed that they have on Thursday last week after it was clear no other channels were. Sky has never screened live yachting before.

They are certain that the rating will prove this this was probably not worth their efforts of rescheduling, expense and advertising. The feed is a world wide one that just happens to have kiwi commentators.

I would be happy with what you get and don't complain too loudly. Easy for them to just not help us out next time, and leave us all to the internet connections.

Yeah to be honest Boatslut, I reckon you're kidding !

Its awesome that they are showing the AC on sky, huge ups to them for that!

Not their fault there's no wind.

Yet you still complain ?

Mate, you had a shocker !

Archived