AC 2010 TV coverage ?

eighty8

Well then Mr Wolf, you obviously wernt sititng in front of the same TV I was, in the same room with a whole lot of yachting fans.

I think Sky could have dealt with it in a better way as they had to come up with a few programmes last minute to fill in for the lack of wind, wouldnt you putting some yachting on to keep the punters watching your channel?

They gave the TV rights away for nothing so it's knot costing Sky to buy.

Interest is only high amongst yachters. Most of the general public think the AC, currently, is a joke so it's no wonder no-one is falling over themselves to broadcast it, besides some small tucked away channel.

maybe next time the cricket is rained off they play some old yachting footage??

Imagine the talkback then.

Is it that hard to stick to the topic and play re-runs of tennis during the tennis when the tennis is rained off - opps they do do that.

If they would like some old yachting footage I can point them in the right direction.

'Saw 4' filled my time. Far more interesting than some wharf and a pile of bumbling randoms or Lester doing Dr Spook impressions.

Don't bother with Saw 4 or later, even 3 really, all crap after 1 and 2. Got Hostel 2 lined up for the next exciting AC day.

Best thing is... I think Sky did a crap job, a rolling message that changed twice, both times to get hopes up just as it was said 'bed! piss off you lot, get the projector down, go home or your on brekkie in th am'. But i think i would have been twice as pissed off if i had one of the two blue peters telling me a race start was looking likely because there was 'already 12kts at the top mark' (never mind that its 20 miles away and the pressure is 80' and 7 kts different to that at the committee boat) or some crap time wasting interviews.

Solution... Tonight i shall be dragging out my grandfathers collection of steinlager/enza/rescue in the pacific etc videos!!!

And mySky will mean that i dont miss any real yachting.

I'll be lurking on the web, looking for other yachting stuff :silent:

Stop Press:

Just got a press release:

No racing till 1200noon local time based on the weather report, more details later

Archived