How do you pass the time?

On the first trip my girlfriend and I had a scrabble board, when the trip ended 8 years later she was ahead 897 games to 895.

Most successful cruisers I have met are big readers, so books are another obvious one, what else????

Yup, Scrabble. And my girlfriend beat me (over 3 years, and yes we kept a tally..) as well, and she was German so English was her second language.... The shame.. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Read, tinker, play Grass (a card game about dope dealing and a goodie cause I'm damn near unbeatable), practice Sextant work, cook and splice anything that moves....inc the deck girl if the situation allows ;)

Me be knot goodly at scrabble whit me spealing problim.

I'm usually the boss with a newbie or 2 aboard and it's someone elses boat so plenty to keep me out of most trouble. When we are racing you spend all your time trying to go faster so knot so much spare time.

inc the deck girl if the situation allows ;)

Thought you alreay covered that in the Sextant work. Nothing like being thorough and double checking ones work I suppose :wink:

Thought you alreay covered that in the Sextant work. Nothing like being thorough and double checking ones work I suppose :wink:

I've never had to pull out Site Reduction Tables to work out how to use a naked female ;) or make Beer bread come to that :lol:

I've never had to pull out Site Reduction Tables to work out how to use a naked female ;) or make Beer bread come to that :lol:

perfect position fix = "cocked hat"

yup scrabble is a good one, also chess. for 3 or more people you cant beat a good game of 500! we played ALOT of cards as kids and also lego, living on a boat we didnt have a TV (we did have one but only got reception half the time..) so had to keep ourselves entertained.

Read, fix the thing that broke, read, fix the next thing that broke etc.

You missed of the 19 attempts to retrieve that small bit that fell into the bilge last week just before we tacked. Correction gybed!!!

So long since we ever tacked, I've forgotton what it was like. :!:

Guy's, your all worrying the crap out of me. Isn't all this close quarters stuff with the missus called.....Communication :shock: Geeeez, next someone will be suggesting getting in touch with our Feminine side :shock:

Guy's, your all worrying the crap out of me. Isn't all this close quarters stuff with the missus called.....Communication :shock:

No it's called shagging or watching her do dishes, cook and stuff like that.... after she has brought you a cold beer obviously.

Talk to the missus, I must admit that does sound quite novel concept. That only a Sth Island thing or do more do it? ;)

Guy's, your all worrying the crap out of me. Isn't all this close quarters stuff with the missus called.....Communication :shock:

No it's called shagging or watching her do dishes, cook and stuff like that.... after she has brought you a cold beer obviously.

What's with the "or" business? :shifty: All things are possible Grasshopper.

Archived