Oracle 72...

Marshy

Looking at the vid, they started to foil, dropped, foiled again, bore away, dropped and dug it in hard.

I bet MK2 won't look anything like mk1 (probably more like ETNZs)

lets just wait a see how ETNZ sails in 20-30 knots of breeze with 4 knot of tide whipping up a nice chop as it leaves the bay!

Foiling in the bay area is a totally different proposition than foiling in the GULF.

Today Oracle learnt a lot about sailing the course/breeze/tide in a 72. How much did team Arab's learn?

Would Emirates team Dubai have beared away in that breeze and seaway?.... maybe not.

Gutsy stuff!

I'm "gutted" in the parlance of the day :twisted:

If you look close our boys are drinking beer with the barby on the rail in true raft style (18-20 knots of wind maybe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr_YF_74aL0

aint no magic carpet ride for oracle now!

compare the sea state in you ETNZ Video with the sea state Oracle wiped out in today.

No comparison!

Foiling in a swell or short shop will be difficult for anybody!

Time will tell

ETNZ has more flotation in the bows. USA17 was a piece of sh*t and they obviously wanted to trash it and move on.

I am sure ETNZ understand the conditions in San Fran

They also understand it is better to test the boat in controlled conditions before they start testing on the track.

Everyone will learn from the capsize but it has cost oracle big time.

I feel terrible for the OR guys. Whichever way they spin it, learning experience or otherwise, completely destroying a wing is a major.

As for the platform, looks like Daltons earlier comments on the risk of low forward hull volume of the OR boat seem to be valid.

ETNZ has more flotation in the bows. USA17 was a piece of sh*t and they obviously wanted to trash it and move on.

Now who's the conspiracy theorist?

Larry to Russ.

Russ I've be internalizing a really difficult situation in my head and i wrecken you should'nt stay on shore..

...get the boys out there today and trash that boat of mine.

(we need to do this as we need to move on from this boat and we don't need a trial boat!)

Russ to Larry..

OK THEN i'll Crash here then (pointing at the chart)

spoon head! :D

Archived