Cheating

I have checked with others that my recolections noted here almost 2 years ago were correct, and they are!

Around 1992 or 93 I believe. Midnight Oil (my boat) was U.S. due either to re-keeling work(took twice as long cost twice as much as always) or a misshap on the hard when it fell over, one or the other.

Comming back to you now?

Been off sailing so hence late reply.

Coming back to me but like you say it was 20 years ago. 1992 it would have been our 2nd race not including rum races since launching. You threw me by saying it was an Elliott 40 which was an entirely different boat, Sure Thing, Whispering Jack not Peacemaker/DM. As I recollect the boat was slow, we were sailing like sh*t and I was very pissed off. I can't remember exactly but I think I pulled the plug. According to the skeds the rest of the fleet that mattered was just off the bays when we were at Tutukaka. Cowering in the cockpit...I dont think so. Did I grab a kip, Yes and was on deck again at Dawn when we were sailing again. We caught up to a Beale 42, Dean Grice's Boat? then parked again. Steve Ashley might remember he was definitely on board. We finished well back well out off the money and there could be no accusation of deliberately motoring to gain an advantage.

When we got back to Auckland I hauled the boat and the saildrive diaphram was half off which might of contributed to our lack of performance.

Your contribution? well I hardly remember except for your 2nd guessing everything I and Steve did. At the time I put it down to size envy, which you have since rectified going bigger and bigger, boatwise.

Year unknown, but just before boat sold/repossessed, long after launching. Steve definitely not on board. Not something to be forgotten.

So you liar and cheat then. Conversation ends.

Year unknown, but just before boat sold/repossessed, long after launching. Steve definitely not on board. Not something to be forgotten.

So you liar and cheat then. Conversation ends.

only did 2 coastal classics ever 1992 and 1993 on DM which is a matter of record, you were not on board 1993 when we finished 2 min behind Terminator and there was definitely never a park up in that race.

I do recollect Your boat being on the hard having keel floors being put in by Craig Partridge not long after you bought it which had been omitted by the original builder.

Your memory has gone Simon, been smoking the wrong stuff? Methinks you need another appendage to your screen name ...s****er you figure!

My memory is not perfect but clearly better than yours so take your cheap shots at some one else. Anyone who ever sailed with me more than once, and there are more than a few on this forum would know your assertations are nothing more than hot air unsubstantiated by fact.

Have a good life.

Archived