pacer 24 owners wanted

malcolm daniel

I have bought a fibreglass centreboard Pacer 24, the bulk head and centrecase is missing from the boat and all the interior has been taken out except for the moulded bunks which have been cut from the hull.Its also missing the centreboard and rudder and tiller.

Im looking for some who has one, who i can ask questions of , send me photos or whose boat i can look at to get comparision ideas etc to rebuild my interior.

Anyone who has second hand rudder,rudder stock, tiller and centreboard from this yacht type or similar they can sell me.

Also I am considering changing from a swing steel plate to a hollow lead filled steel drop centreboard, if anyone has ideas.

reply here or contact me direct at;

malcolm.france@yahoo.co.nz or 0220648057

Hi Malcom, I usedd to have one of these many years ago. Good boat. If you want to replace the centreboard with a daggerboard arrangement there will be a bit of work involved (although it sounds like there already is!) I'd have a look at a noelex 30 daggerboard/lifting keel arangement - they work great. You would not need much lead - the pacer has all it's balast in the stub keel, the centreboad only providing a little more ...

Good Luck!

Archived