SIMRAD Entries Are Open

Fish

We are expecting a spanking actually.

As BS said - EE is small and insignificant compared to... say your sparkling bohemouth at almost 2m longer than mine. BS knows his stuff you know.

:shh:

We are expecting a spanking actually.

Snap :(

As BS said - EE is small and insignificant compared to... say your sparkling bohemouth at almost 2m longer than mine. BS knows his stuff you know.

Oui, you forgot to mention you're also 1/2 the weight (if knot less) with very close to the same sized sail plan and fly big gennys. But a nice try smartarse :lol:

Unless Lightfoot enters we will probably be the only un-modified non-genny flying, heaviest, oldest with the worst 'WLL to sail plan area ratio' boat in the fleet. Surly you can't be scared of an shitter like that :twisted: ;)

{edit} I suppose now another often smartarse, that being the Data Lord, will now pop up and tell me I'm wrong. He has an annoy habit of doing that, bless his soul :lol: :lol:

{edit} I suppose now another often smartarse, that being the Data Lord, will now pop up and tell me I'm wrong. He has an annoy habit of doing that, bless his soul :lol: :lol:

Much as my soul needs blessing, alas it will have to wait for another day, assuming of course by fleet you mean only the light displacement short haul division.

I could point out E-Nine is heavier but that would just be picky, instead I'd probably point out how much of an advantage being a heavier longer boat with a more moderate sail area to displacement ratio seems to be in 2-handed racing and shouldn't you therefore be spanking the fleet?

Mark - its Energy the E 7.4 - 1400 odd kg all up so we are way lighter and smaller than KM's heavyweight 930. What does a stock 930 like yours weigh in racemode KM?

Racetrack has you at 0.7600 and us at 0.7230

:shh:

You bastard :lol: :lol:

While I do respect your insite, only when it's in my favour of course, being bigger and heavier doesn't seem to stop the short and light exposing their transoms to us rather than their bows. But we have a plan, we're going to get even heavier and re-configure her to get a few parts some inches out of the water which will result in another part going a lot deeper than is the norm. Knot sure if it'll work but sailing her in a more normal fashion sure hasn't.

Could that be a sign of desperation? Yeap, it sure could be :lol:

It's called the Des Butler method. Anyone who knew Des would know he always seemed to sail around 80% completely opposite than what everyone else did and what was regarded as 'best practice' but the cheeky bugger won more often than knot. As we now sail for ourselves rather than sponsors, owners or whatever, why the hell knot have a crack is our thinking?

Close as 2500kg EE. We plan to be adding around 60kg in a specific place, loading 150kg into the tanks and leave most cruising gear aboard for this year so we could be nudging 2800. If it blows it's tits off we will add even more. To be honest we hold very little hope of being a player in that field so are using the series to try a few things we have wondered about for a wee while.

Most of the raced Class boats sit around 2200-2300kg they tell me.

...and when it gets really nasty uphill I will really wish I was on a 930.

That's the last point of sail you want to be on in a 930, they hate it with a passion. Hence our playing, we reckon there must be a way of tweaking one to minimise that feeling you're sitting on a angry Bull that's just snorted some crack. We're going to sink the boat further into the water and push the bow down very hard. Don't know if it'll work but we reckon it's worth a crack.

Now I suppose someone will pop up with a good reason why that's a totally stupid idea :?

Adding a prod and a 100sq m masthead genny would be more fun :thumbup:

Im hoping to still be there ill find out on monday from a possible replacement crew member

Adding a prod and a 100sq m masthead genny would be more fun :thumbup:

Knot on a lead swinger when you sailed skiffs for years. Slap a big turbo in a Mazda 323 and it's still a Mazda 323.

As much as it pains me to say it Mr Wolfie is right, all lead swingers are pig rooters to some degree. For christ sake don't tell him I said that :lol: :lol:

I have the boat I have due to being that specific boat rather than because it's any specific class, design or style. I knew her before she was even born. She was a 100% impulse purchase due to that history. I saw her on the market, thought on a Monday evening 'what the hell' and owned her by breakfast Tuesday.

If I stood in Westhaven today with pocket full of money I honestly have no idea what I'd be looking at, if anything.

I may turbo one day but knot before we have her at full speed in Class mode, as yet we have a quite ways to go. At the moment just playing some long held thoughts I/we've had just to answer some questions. Most have proved disasters, some 'a work in progress' but one or two show definite speed gains.

I expanded on an idea I dabbled with in the WBC series, partly due to laziness, when away over Easter. It looks just so wrong and is far from what is regarded as best practice but shite it's bloody quick.

If ya don't play, ya don't learn nor discover and at the moment I'm very much enjoying the playing and little discoveries that come with that.

rig up to it knot me? and how submersible is the bow with extra weight up there?

maybe you can take something from this pic. its from a while ago but was quickest back then....curvy rig.... and in cruise mode. (won a new years race in that mode up noth)

also you could have a tuning sail against quarter pint.....pepe only beat us to whangarai by 30 mins and beat both 88s...we only beat 1 of them.

escapade02.jpg

Section is spaghetti but it's well rigged. Sat a 50kg drum of chain right hard in the bow and she seemed to quite enjoy it so gonna try a bit more. The hassle is downhill, tooooo much and we could have issues. What we start like we have to kept for the duration so we'll make a call on the day, load and hope we don't over cook her.

Had some bloody good close races this year against a nice range of boats similar and rated a tad quicker generally. They were bloody good to finally get some good boat on boat action for fiddling. Picked up a few things there and did pretty good beating a few that often we shouldn't. So we are getting there slowly.

All we have to do now is stop that bastard owner dabbling and get him to sail a entire race properly. That is proving to be a lot harder than expected :?

As much as it pains me to say it Mr Wolfie is right, all lead swingers are pig rooters to some degree. For christ sake don't tell him I said that :lol: :lol:

I have the boat I have due to being that specific boat rather than because it's any specific class, design or style. I knew her before she was even born. She was a 100% impulse purchase due to that history. I saw her on the market, thought on a Monday evening 'what the hell' and owned her by breakfast Tuesday.

If I stood in Westhaven today with pocket full of money I honestly have no idea what I'd be looking at, if anything.

I may turbo one day but knot before we have her at full speed in Class mode, as yet we have a quite ways to go. At the moment just playing some long held thoughts I/we've had just to answer some questions. Most have proved disasters, some 'a work in progress' but one or two show definite speed gains.

I expanded on an idea I dabbled with in the WBC series, partly due to laziness, when away over Easter. It looks just so wrong and is far from what is regarded as best practice but shite it's bloody quick.

If ya don't play, ya don't learn nor discover and at the moment I'm very much enjoying the playing and little discoveries that come with that.

I see it KM.

Have been a bit side tracked lately but have been really enjoying the images conjurred up in the Proa thread !

Reactors will have 5 Boats for first time, so will be able to race as a class with the small boat fleet. Hopefully the Piedy and 727 numbers get up to where they historically have been for this series.

Sounds like the baby boat Div is the one to be in this year. Smak and brave talk all over the show. Should be fun to watch.

I suppose I should go see if my boat floating seeing we're into it next week :? Too busy sailing OP's to even know if mines still afloat lately.

Archived