Credit where it's due.

Elenya

We cruise two up on our yacht throughout various parts of the world so fully comprehensive insurance is impossible to get. When we were hit by another yacht, whilst our yacht was on its pile mooring, we thought we would end up with a fight to get the money for repairs. The other yacht took out our windpilot steering gear. The other owner was good, informed his insurance company, and a claim laid. The insurance company took my report and photos of the damage at face value, they also accepted my quote for doing the work myself. The claim was settled and a new Windpilot was flown from Germany and I was paid to fit it and sort out the damaged mounting gear. Very painless, and all without recourse to the small claims court. The insurance company was Lumleys via Aon New Zealand insurance. Now if only they would insure two up cruisers!

On a second note we sold our old Caribe RIB 3.1 and bought a new Southern Pacific Rib, with slide on tubes, via Jonno (from Safety at Sea) The RIB was delivered ahead of schedule, and is great. Goes like a steam train and fits on deck easily for rigging the tubes and taking them off. Many thanks Jonno and your team at Southern Pacific.

Archived