Yacht reported stolen from Waikawa

grant

Yeah I can't work out why it was Cut, unless he had it locked in someway. Or yeah, the person was so dumb, they didn't realise the line was simply hooked over the post. Is it possible to be that dumb and still row out to a boat though???

One other thought that it could be complete vandalism and someone cut the line to let it drift as well as perhaps opened a valve to let water come in and she drifted and sank. But I have as many hole in a theory like that too. Like why not jsut let her sink where she is. Or would anyone that stupid know where to find a seacock that could let water in and besides, they would have to cut a hose anyway. It's just all such a very strange situation.

I just gave Paul a call for a quick update. Still nothing. But the Police do have a suspect. Although pinning anything with no evidence will be impossible. I can't say too much here. Apart from this suspect would have personal and financial reasons for doing something like sabotaging Pauls boat and the character is a very arrogant and shady individual and is known to Police enough to be a suspect. I don't know what "known to police" in this instance means exactly. Paul has posted a reward of $5K for anyone that might produce anything that would lead to the where abouts or the what happened to the boat in the hope that the shady character might have friends that would be more than happy to dob him in for the reward. This character also owns a boat, so know's boats.

Also of interest, a small oil slick had been reported off Jordy Rocks which is not far outside the Torry entrance. It could as easily be the bilge of a Fishing boat cleaned and emptied though. But if it was Pauls boat seen going out the Tory entrance on Monday, then that would a possible place to be washed onto. Paul is thinking he might try and find someone with a good sounder that they could see if they can pick up an image. The depth around there is about 50m, but the tide is strong, so who knows where it could be dragged in ruff sea.

Guest Dry Reach
I just gave Paul a call for a quick update. Still nothing. But the Police do have a suspect. Although pinning anything with no evidence will be impossible. I can't say too much here. Apart from this suspect would have personal and financial reasons for doing something like sabotaging Pauls boat and the character is a very arrogant and shady individual and is known to Police enough to be a suspect. I don't know what "known to police" in this instance means exactly. Paul has posted a reward of $5K for anyone that might produce anything that would lead to the where abouts or the what happened to the boat in the hope that the shady character might have friends that would be more than happy to dob him in for the reward. This character also owns a boat, so know's boats.

Also of interest, a small oil slick had been reported off Jordy Rocks which is not far outside the Torry entrance. It could as easily be the bilge of a Fishing boat cleaned and emptied though. But if it was Pauls boat seen going out the Tory entrance on Monday, then that would a possible place to be washed onto. Paul is thinking he might try and find someone with a good sounder that they could see if they can pick up an image. The depth around there is about 50m, but the tide is strong, so who knows where it could be dragged in ruff sea.

HAve they let Scott Watson out? :shock: :wtf: :lol: :lol:

Archived