An Aussie Elliott 1050 bound for NZ

MarkM, you have the ability to answer questions about the Aussie fleet as easily as you do the local boats! :thumbup:

Another reminder of a class of boats which now must be approaching 20 years old yet still hard to beat and good value for money at the price.

10.5, seem to recall one of those on Lake McQuarry, hope it was either a different shape or had different crew to you PC because I also seem to recall 88s looking like they were a challenge for her on line.

High Anxiety I think, also have a vague recollection of a similarly name boat doing some fairly respectable things in Queensland, mainly I've concluded I've a whole lot of vague recollections.

Yeah, interesting thing draft, going from a 1.9m draft boat to 2.6, you quickly develop a whole new respect for the value of depth sounders and chartplotters, the harbour seems a whole lot smaller than it used to be. You wouldn't think 2 feet make that much difference.

Hi guys - just got back from brisbane last night from loading the two E1050's Spearhead and Fine Line onto the super servent 3 - both are bound for the auckland racing caravan scene and will be here as PC says around the 10th feb

Pretty cool ship - they sink it and you drive on, tie up, divers weld braces under the hull and then refloat the ship

hope nothing falls over as there is probably close to $90million of toys on her!!

Tommy,there is always one who like's to play with themselves while sitting on the couch :wave: caravans like to play with each other :mrgreen:

So what's their history Sharpie - are these ones that went straight to Oz having never raced in NZ? How do they stack up, weight and gear-wise?

Does the likes of the Super Servent mean it is more economic to buy boats in Oz and what else do they have on offer for us to steal back?

Yes I do find this interesting and hope it is the start of a trend. :thumbup:

Now what could we backload on the Super Servent and send across to Oz? :twisted:

Paremoremo is already quite a long way from your place Slacko.

If you would feel there needs to be an ocean in between, I can only conclude that you must have really p*ssed someone off and believe he has a fair chance of getting to you before the cops catch him. :eh:

Stoked, am stoked that more 1050s are coming to play... all of a sudden 10.5m size boats is where its at....

Sharpie, glad to hear you like caravans..but couches are def for me! If I can get a team sorted and a leave pass, we'll be coming back for some more in the TGA race.. we have some unfinished business with two of em.

I take it there is a chance they'll redo their keels over time? I undertand Daves is all ready to go, all he needs to do is collect?

Excellent, you just made me day saying two are on the way... will make for an excellent winter series

both were built here and sent over pretty early in the piece. Fine Line is standard and in good nick. she floats nicely on the water and has some 3dl sails. She has been bought by a family that races and has talked about getting her up to the modified spec. Im not too sure of her racing history in Aussie but has been in brisbane so would be minimal

Spearhead has been racing in sydney and has a good rep as a competitive boat in her division. She has also raced in the bigger series over there like Hammo etc. she has a modified keel and was owned by weight nazi's so she is light. cruising wasnt in the owners timeframe so she will be having an interior makeover when she lands but all the racing gear is there to be competitive. just needs a bit of love downstairs and MH sails

bringing the boat over on a ship was a no brainer for us as we didnt want to sail an unknown boat of that size across the tasman and it was only slightly more expensive to have it delivered to our doorstep

there is plenty over there for sale but you will be due duty if it wasnt bult here and that can range depending on several factors...and then there is gst on not only the purchase price but your insurance and delivery costs. like anything you need to pay the right money for it when comparing to the local market

with interest high in the boats it was only just that they come home to play

Asking price is irrelevant, what it sells for is the important number. Having said that there are some pretty good boats around that size at half the price.

They are starting to ask some stupid money for these old tanks

http://www.vinings.co.nz/yachts/yachts- ... ner-center

IIRC, that boat was mentioned in the Waikawa Regatta thread as being a fairly recent acquisition that the owner/crew were still getting to grips with racing. :eh:

If it is the old Expressway, I always thought she was a pretty tidy ship the way she was, although considerably altered from a standard 1050.

Asking price has a hint of "what was paid for it + what what has been spent on it since then". Pretty sure the others have been changing hands at prices well below that.

Archived