An Aussie Elliott 1050 bound for NZ

Suspect they might discover that wheels on 35ft boats aren't real popular, at least for racing, in N.Z. There's always the states though, they love em, you want more for your boat there you just keep adding wheels.

yip ditch the wheel - dont know if that was adding value??

looks like Expressway looking at the interior - only mod she had was the removal of the jandle "bulb" and replaced with a Khan bulb, still ran frac kites. she was a quick boat and well sailed two handed

squid dont be surprised if she fetches not far off the asking price as the stock here in NZ of this stlyle and size of boat has diminished over recent years leaving demand high and supply low, they really are two boats in one with them being dotted right through the results in most series, stiff enough to go offshore, fast two handed and can have 30 onboard for a party, with half of them being downstairs without booboo knocking your drink over. oh and 6 away for the weekend in roomy quaterberths and a doulble grunta forward, seperate loo, 6'2" headroom and plenty of refrigeration

you could always build a new one - the last 35ft boat i heard of being built was $700K ok it had a black stick so take a hundie off for that

someone needs to grab her and bring back to auckland - by the end of this year im picking that there will be 10 1050's racing in auckland, the association reformed and something pretty near class racing or at least a box rule

Perhaps call it the E10.5m Association?

A name that would take in four or is it five boats. You need the more inclusive "Elliott Yachts to Varying Designs of 10.5 metres In Overall Length (Excluding Prods/Bowsprits)."

There was a 1050 Owners Association, and a nationals in Gisborne between the Auckland and Wellington fleets.

I'd think we'd all be suprised if we weighed in to be honest, yes I may be lighter when empty but the kitchen sink I seem to carry around would probably even it out somewhat...sail wise as well I cant complete... some of the 1050s have some pretty serious sail wardrobes going on, and unless I win lotto, I wont be joining that arms race anytime soon.

Judging by last winter series, the boats are pretty even and in the Coastal we couldnt match PW or HV downwind, though yes we may be a touch faster in the uber light, of course I put that down to tatics and not our code 0!

That's Expressway alright. As Sharpie points out the only mod she had from bog standard was the Keel Bulb which was designed by Kevin Dibley as he was at Eagle Yachts when Expressway was built (I could dig up some pictures of the bulb if someone wants to see them). She was one of the last 2 or 3 built (you can tell the later ones as they modified the deck mould to make the step across the transom full width).

She has changed hands 3 times since we had her and I can assure you we sold her for a lot less than that. Looks like a classic case of someone trying to recover some money they should not have spent.

That was my mistake about the mods and I stand corrected. I thought she had a bit of extra length as well but I must have been thinking of...no, I'm not even going to go there. Clearly a vessel that has captured the hearts of everyone who has owned her.

Notice 12- 10 MV Super Servant 3 Operations 12TH February 2010

On Friday 12th February between 1400 hrs and 1900 hrs, the semi-submersible

Yacht Carrier Super Servant 3 will be submerging and loading/ unloading vessels, at

berth JA on Jellicoe wharf.

All vessels when transiting through the area are to keep wash to a minimum and

operate with care until clear of the area.

is this the one that the 1050 is on?

hi guys

Spearhead made it back in the water last week after an extensive refit - she will be on the market shortly so if anyone wants to have a look at her pm me or contact 021 742771

photo.jpg

photo1.jpg

hi guys

Spearhead made it back in the water last week after an extensive refit - she will be on the market shortly so if anyone wants to have a look at her pm me or contact 021 742771

Sharpie: Could PM me with a price? I'm sure it will be too much, but ya gotta ask!

Archived