Attached Files

#22 Kaihe Atamai

Kaihe Atamai

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

The fourth and fifth race in the 2013-14 Hauraki Singlehanded Series are part of the “weekend away” in BBYC’s “BJ Tyres” singlehanded series. Here’s the plan: grab your boat, race to the bottom end of Waiheke with your mates, have a party catered by BBYC’s sponsors, then race home the next day, perfect. For more information please check out http://richmondyc.or... ... ed-series/

Hope you can all make it. By the look of Oracle's post above it should be an interesting sail!

Next race after this is the Route 66 singlehanded division!

See you there - RB

#23 Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

So, is RB back in the water?

I'll be there in TBT, last year was awesome and looking forward to it again and I will be a heck of a lot more comfortable than I was in Infiltrator. The latest weather forecasts are looking good again :thumbup:

#24 Kaihe Atamai

Kaihe Atamai

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

So, is RB back in the water?

Oh yes and feeling pent up after so many months of no S/H action. Can't wait for Sat...

#25 Oracle1

Oracle1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

see the results are up from last weekend...i must put a few comments in.
a great race down, pity the wind went very fickle at the end, all 18 boats finished within 3 minutes..!!
also have to say im disappointed that he race home was shortened and no official shortening flag was used that i saw.
again the wind went fickle towards the end and the general fleet seemed to know of the shortened course that missed out browns island yellow bouy, where i was in the lead and then ended up with no wind for half an hour, while the boats that missed out on this buoy and went straight to the finish had generally good wind. a good bunch of guys but not very well run.

#26 Norwegian Blue

Norwegian Blue

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationAuckland

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

Indeed we did have many park-ups. I was hoping that we were going all the way to Motukorea for the finish, as I am sure I could have chased Mr Hell down 8) Navy bouy was only in the course down on Saturday, if that is the one you meant?

"Start between the Race Committee Boat (port) and Orapui Wharf (stbd), take Passage Rocks (stbd), take Browns
Island (port), finish between the Race Committee Boat (port) and Motukorea Yellow Buoy (stbd)".

Must get me some masthead gear.......

#27 Mr Hell

Mr Hell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

see the results are up from last weekend...i must put a few comments in.
a great race down, pity the wind went very fickle at the end, all 18 boats finished within 3 minutes..!!
also have to say im disappointed that he race home was shortened and no official shortening flag was used that i saw.
again the wind went fickle towards the end and the general fleet seemed to know of the shortened course that missed out browns island yellow bouy, where i was in the lead and then ended up with no wind for half an hour, while the boats that missed out on this buoy and went straight to the finish had generally good wind. a good bunch of guys but not very well run.

Lets set the record straight. Navy Bouy was NOT a rounding mark for the return leg...fire the navigator :lol: The shortened course was announced as a possibility at breakfast and also over CH77 several times during the pre-start. On approach to the Browns Island Beacon there were several sound signals made from the committee boat parked off it and it was also flying the orange on station flag. It was pretty obvious that the race was being shortened. Admittedly I did not see a shortened course flag but there wasn't really enough wind to get the flags flying and I was finishing at the other end of the line with Lightfoot between me and the committee boat.

#28 THAT GIRL

THAT GIRL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

I think someone needs to read sailing instructions a bit more carefully.You cant blame the race committee for a couple of bad results.I thought it was a pretty well run weekend and will try to get down again for the Route 66.|I should have put the big one up on Sunday|

#29 Kaihe Atamai

Kaihe Atamai

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

When the Oracle speaks, Heaven 'n' Hell both answer!

IMHO - fun races, good turnout, great event with BJ Tyres supplying the food and drink! Any rules infractions could have been handled by protest. For the record, courses were posted well in advance and no, I did not see a S flag or the divisional flag, did hear two hoots and another for good measure as some in front finished.

The hole by Motuihe ruined me on the 2nd day - watched That Girl bring the wind down - first time getting rolled by a Davidson 28, though I think that's no ordinary specimen. I look forward to having another go at the Route 66!

#30 Oracle1

Oracle1

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

My big apologies.... i have since reread the S.I...... what a dope.
first i forgot to take the printed out courses..... and then a quick call to the wife and she texted them to me.... saying that the return was just the reverse of the race down. so you could i threw away a win in the return race by trying to get down around the navy buoy.
yes i did see the finish boat and hear hooters at the shortened finish line, it was more the fact they started 1/2 hour or there abouts late (cause some people had too many drinks the night before??) and didnt have flags up notifying this or shortening the race either ?
never mind, bring on the Route 66 and lets see if i can get this one right..!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users