Rigger needed - Westhaven

Norwegian Blue

(Posted this in tech talk, maybe wrong place?)

Between the wind on Saturday and finding a wand in 2 bits this morning meant that I was not able to step the mast this week-end and won't be able to for another 2 weeks, as both my regular crew flew out this afternoon.

So, any recommendations for someone to do this (or help me with it)? I don't want to stay on a 12m berth for longer than I have to.

How much is reasonable to step a mast, tune the rig? (Whiting 1/4 ton). It took us plonkers about an hour to slaken the shrouds/forestay and heave it out with the gantry at Westhaven.

I will also need a new wand bracket. The current setup means that the batten has to have holes drilled in it, so no wonder they are snapping. I guess a clamp type fitting is needed. Are they off-the-shelf items, or do they need to be fabricated?

Many thanks.....

Pete

I can vouch for Steve McAbe (0274 996 765)

He's been doing a great job on my old, inline IOR boat.

In fact, you were parked a few berths down from me on C pier at Westpark - Steve is on A or B pier.

BTW - Welcome to the alloy IOR club!!

I can vouch for Steve McAbe (0274 996 765)

He's been doing a great job on my old, inline IOR boat.

In fact, you were parked a few berths down from me on C pier at Westpark - Steve is on A or B pier.

BTW - Welcome to the alloy IOR club!!

Thanks very much. I have moved back to Westhaven (was only up in Westpark for repairs) and have contacted Grant from Kiwi Rigging who is going to help me on Wednesday :clap:

Archived