Race 18

Ray wtf u doing how many school boy mistakes has he made now? ? I pick Ray has a nice new waterfront property on the Bay...why did he not cover on the gybe?? that gave them the split. .. leee bow in a ac72 with they much weather room???? Why try Bounce him out left..... in front cover cover. ..Ray off tomorrow replace him with a 9opti sailor least they know basic match racing

Totally agree, why the lee bow tack when they were so close to the boundary line? It's risky enough anyway, but with that little runway to make it stick.... even more risky! Could have just continued on and waited for a left hand shift to come back on. Even if they had to dip on the next cross then at least they have the potential to get Oracle on starboard on the next cross.

Tomorrow's race could be race of the decade.... but I'm not holding my breath. Oracle just not making any mistakes.

Totally agree.

Always keep between the mark and the opposition.

Should have gybed with OR and forced them to follow us or make them do any gybe.

Its great been armchair sailors. :wink:

just remember, these guys are pretty much some of the best sailors around, far better then me, and probably (certainly) far better than most of you. Easy to judge from back here on the couch, but perhaps some support for the guys is what they need, not the nrmal knocking we (kiwis) give.

Oracle put over a minute on us in 1 upwind leg. No tactical genius can fight that.

Oracle was poorly prepared for this regatta, if they had prepared as well as ETNZ, the scoreline would be 9-1 to them I'd say.

One more shot tomorrow, epic series, epic battles, go ETNZ

I've been sitting back not being able to watch the races for fear of cardiac arrest but as others before have said it doesn't take long for the knives to be brought out does it?!

So the afterguard have made a couple of mistakes, but out of how many they make in the 25minute race. They must make a hell of a lot of them under that much pressure. if you're racing a quicker or even a boat of equal speed at this level you're going to get punished. It wasn't that long ago everyone was saying what absolute legends they were now when things don't quite go right we take the age old mentality of putting the boot in while their down but not quite out.

man if the rest of us were that good then we'd be a country of absolute legends.

My two cents worth and go the ETNZ either way win or lose they have put the New Zealand name out there at the highest level.

Of course they are amazing sailor's but it appears to most of us from the comfort of our collective arm chairs that they are doing some fairly common match racing no no's which is both confusing and frustrating. ..agreed boat speed helps but some of the tactics have definitely not helped.

And to make it clear there are plenty of gifted sailors that aren't in the ac or at the highest level of sailing. This is not a pissing contest nor am I saying I'm right they are wrong im just questioning what appears to be some pretty Continualed average calls.

Oracle was poorly prepared for this regatta, if they had prepared as well as ETNZ, the scoreline would be 9-1 to them I'd say.

One more shot tomorrow, epic series, epic battles, go ETNZ

+1

Going into this regatta, the sentiment surrounding OTUSA was "got caught cheating".

To that we can now add:

- bounced back from the penalties and changes to key crew members

- carried off a transition to a new tactician

- kept finding more speed in their boat

- seem to have taken superiority in foiling

- mentally tough as hell!

Very pleased to hear of Lazza ruling out court action as their results and total competitiveness on the water have done a lot to rebuild their reputation.

Regardless of whether we win or lose tomorrow, we should welcome the boys back as heros. If we think this is stressful, just imagine what it has been like for them. They have represented NZ well and made us proud!

On the future of the America's Cup if Oracle do win it. I would suggest that to keep their best and at this stage only real competitor alive, that Larry bring the next America's Cup to NZ.

After all that has happened, I am devastated. I arrived at SF late, to expect no more racing and it's all over. Oracle have sailed amazingly to get back to even showing their class. I have been given amazing support from the SF locals as downtown I get stopped often with best wishes to the kiwis.

Our guys are doing the best they can and I am proud of them, the haka (although some think it is overdone) performed at the dockout by some older pakeha kiwis brought tears to my eyes, it was a moving moment as the sailors moved out to do their best.

Whatever happens tomorrow, it has been an amazing journey for our team and NZ. We can be proud of them all.

1237812_10201337791579660_1516526674_n.jpg

We need to try and use the port advantage in the start to gain a penalty and put some heat on them and hope their wheels can fall off!

+1. I hope like hell it is blowing up to the limit, we take a penalty off them at the start, take a scorching flyer and do a disappearing act on them.

It can happen.

Yes, about time Oracle stubbed its toe!

Absolutely! For a team with dubious ethics they seem to have a lot of luck, hopefully karma will pay a visit.

The three races that were cancelled while ETNZ were leading must count for a little good luck on our behalf, please.

Archived