3 boats for tender

Quarterback

PANMURE YACHT AND BOATING CLUB INC

NOTICE OF SALE OF BOATS BY TENDER

The Club advises that Tender Documents are now available and Tenders will close at 3pm on 21 July 2010 concerning the sale of –

A) Motor launch “Renuhou” 38 feet (Classic)

B) Yacht “Songeur” 24 feet

C) Yacht “Kei Rua” 33 feet (Spencer Saraband)

The above boats are being sold by the Club by a Tender process to defray amounts long outstanding in relation to haulout, storage and cradle hire charges incurred in respect of the boats.

Please send your request for the Tender Document and your contact details to the Club at P O Box 14067, Panmure, Auckland 1741 or info@pybc.org .nz An appointment to view any of the boats can be made by contacting the Club at 5702318.

It is becoming a all to common problem now. The "second wave" of economic down turn is coming through and I think it is going to hit the regular joe bloggs in the pocket harder than the last "wave" did. I was talking to an accountant of a large firm in CHCH on Saturday and he said people are really hurting out there now and it is only just beginning.

A friend of mine was talking to Port M's operations manager the other day also. And the OM made a comment about many spaces opening in the marinas because people were ging out to swing moorings. My mate said, well if you drop ya rediculous price instead of sticking it too us each year, maybe you might see some spaces fill again :-)

I know of one big 50ft Ally Cat that has become a giant white ellephant and it is likely it maybe cut up for scrap to pay what is owing. It is probably worth more that way than what they would get for it if they sell it. It hasn't even been in the water yet.

I know of one big 50ft Ally Cat that has become a giant white ellephant and it is likely it maybe cut up for scrap to pay what is owing. It is probably worth more that way than what they would get for it if they sell it. It hasn't even been in the water yet.

Could the ally cat be of interest to KM ?

I thought of that way back, but no. it is going to be a real nasty piece to be involved with. In a nut shell, it was an extension to an existing boat and was being built for commercial passenger service. But the Hull had already got to a paint stage before a Surveyor took a look at her. He asked for the Drawings and they said errrr, what drawings. Arrrr that would be your Naval Architechs drawings. Errrr we don't have any. Arrrr well how do I know what has to be changed and tick of that you have done so. For instance, extending to 50ft may now m,ean you have to have 8mm plate on the Hull and not 5mm. I don't know, but the plans will tell me.

So whoever buys this thing may have a lemon. I woudln't wish that on my worset enemy. Blue Sovereign maybe, but never my worset enemy. :wink:

Survey is irrelevant if used for whatever KM gets up to when at home.

:lol: :lol: I can imagine some old Pommie with a clip board hanging over my shoulder saying "Oui that's position isn't in my book and is the chain holding that Chandelier certified, where the drawings?" :lol:

Mr Wheels has informed my of that Cat and the spooky bits do sound a tad too spooky. Actually he's popped up with a few boats he's found in corners.

I wonder what the Spencer will go for? Far bit of boat to be had at a possible bargain. Also wonder what the launch is like, could be a good deal there as well.

Slacko, my concern would be the same as the surveyor. What if the boat is too lightly built for it's new size. I would be so upset if KM went off out for a weekend and the boat folded up with all never to be seen again. All that beautiful expensive shiney metal going to the bottom would be an absolute shame.

The requirements for a houseboat are slightly less than for a passenger carrying vessel was the point I was trying to get across.

That option may also be not a good idea if it is that bad. :thumbdown:

There are a couple of boats being modified/built in Wellington that are trouble waiting to hit the tide.

Archived