#22 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Bombays

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Below is an indication of the division split, this may change if YNZ change or update any PHRFs

Div 1 Blink 1.0
Bushido 0.975
Wedgetail 0.955

Div 2 Overload 0.915
Focus 0.89
Fiction 0.885
Lawless 0.88
White Gold 0.875
Django 0.86
Laissez-faire 0.86
Laissez-faire 2 0.86

Div 3 Marshall Law 0.85
Truxton 0.85
Gale force 0.84
Notorious 0.84
Coppelia 0.815
Midnight Express 0.79

Div 4 Pepe 0.78
Berenice 0.775
Redline 0.775
Duty Free 0.765
Cool Change 0.755
Montego Bay 3 0.755
Assassin 0.73
Wanderingstar 0.725

The best sailors do it two handed

#23 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Based on those numbers I have my sealed envelope of winners and hard done by handicaps before they start.
Its a very good fleet still. Best of luck to all.

#24 Guzz

Guzz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Here is the facebook page for Duty Free for the the RNI and our fully crewed sailing

https://www.facebook.com/makeminearum
If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on earth?

#25 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Just had the heads up that one of the smaller boats need a co-skipper.
This isn't a race for crew to just make up the numbers but a singlehanded race in relays.
If you have the desire, the time and the skills, send me your details and I will forward them on.
Jon Henry
Race Director
SSANZ

danaide@xtra.co.nz

#26 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

If you would like to follow the adventures of a 1980's cruising boats attempt to get round the North Island, Coppelia's site is

http://www.expeditioncoppelia.com/#

#27 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Had the sad news that Red Line isn't going to make the start.
They got as far as New Plymouth but have sailed back to Nelson, Stu will fill you in on the details if he wishes.

Your always up against it preparing for an event like this and most don't appreciate that it really takes a year of planning to do this type of event.

The crews I expect to shine through are the ones that have had a crack at this type of event before.

But we all have to start somewhere and the key to this event more that anything is firstly you must finish.

#28 RedLine

RedLine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hi
Due to lack of prep time (due to loss of the Mast) my crew bailed in New Plymouth having not been out of Tasman Bay in a 930. Ideally we would have done a few races two handed, and our pre qualification miles in plenty of time.

Last summers build up to the Central Triangle was much more organised, and we both put in some miles as a team before the event. We did quite well and I really enjoyed the challenge of that event, and the RNI was a logical progression from that. Spent a couple of days trying to phone up/fly in a replacement. IF you were one of the guys I phoned, you'll know who u are. Gutted to be not doing it, as have put in a massive effort replacing the keel a new rig, and a reasonably competitive sail wardrobe in time for this event.

So if anyone loses a crew due to the long lost aunt dropping dead, and or otherwise make themselves un-available, I'd love to drop in as a standby replacement!!

Good luck Geoff/Jono I'll be following the race virtually if not in reality.

Cheers
Stu

#29 PeteG

PeteG

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Stu - really sorry to hear you have pulled out after all that effort that you have put in. Sometimes it takes more guts to pull out than carry on - well done!
In the long run it might be a good thing - as you know you need to put the time in beforehand and for lots of reasons that did not quite work out for you lately.
What a shame, we were so impressed with what you achieved in the Central Triangle - you will build on that and we think you will be able to put together a really good campaign next time.
We too looking forward to following Jono and Geoff on the Midnight Express.

Best wishes and will catch up for a beer soon. Off in the cruising boat Nonstop this weekend to annoy the cod at Durville.
Cheers
Pete and Ellen

#30 Jon

Jon

Advanced Member

• Marine Forums Only
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

All our host club are gearing up to lay it on for the competitors and groupies, this event is a lot more than sailing !
Here is a taste of what's going on behind the scene.

http://www.rpnyc.org... ... -beer-tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users