25 replies to this topic

#21 ex TL systems

ex TL systems

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

trans ocean a german club does 4 years reg for 18 euro plus 40 e a year membership, I am going through the process at the moment. No survey required.

#22 cj!

cj!

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

trans ocean a german club does 4 years reg for 18 euro plus 40 e a year membership, I am going through the process at the moment. No survey required.

I thought they were a virtual club that offers a Certificate of Ownership. Have you got more details on the registration as I thought Germany required proof of residency for Yacht Registration? 

#23 ex TL systems

ex TL systems

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:52 AM

They register your boat in their ships register, it is called standerschien , apparently it is accepted for inwards clearance almost everywhere, but it is not the same as german registration and so does not require residency. And your home port is still where you keep the boat , no lies required.   One of the things you need to send is proof of ownership, so it is not just a ownership certificate nor is it a virtual club, I am giving it a try anyway.

#24 Knot Me... maybe

Knot Me... maybe

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Keep us informed of how you go TL.

How did you do the proof of ownership?

#25 ex TL systems

ex TL systems

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

that is just a bill of sale or similar from buying the boat so not difficult at all, no 5 years history of ownership as some others wanted. The statement that it is accepted" almost everywhere" could be a worry ,as I don,t know where that place is but at least if I go there I know it will be accepted there. :wave: Hopefully Fiji is almost everywhere too.

#26 Dtwo

Dtwo

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

I bought my boat in Hawaii.  Although I spent 3 months up there getting it seaworthy enough for the trip home, I left Hawaii without any valid paperwork.  At the time it took the Seppos 6 months to cancel the registration, and I could not register in NZ until that was done.  I explained the situation to the relevant officials on the trip home (Fanning Island, Tonga and NZ) and had zero problems.  Maybe it was my honest face.  Anyway, I have a sneaking suspicion that all this concern over registration could be overdone, I was able to produce the notarised Bill Of Sale and that seemed to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users