2014 SSANZ RNI Leg 3

Cameron

Leg 1, Leg 2, Leg 3, hell even leg 27, the message remains the same

Go the Ross boats :thumbup:

A day or two with it hard on the honker by the looks.

Glad there is no gentlemen in the fleet as they never sail to windward :lol:

Leg 1, Leg 2, Leg 3, hell even leg 27, the message remains the same

Go the Ross boats :thumbup:

A day or two with it hard on the honker by the looks.

Glad there is no gentlemen in the fleet as they never sail to windward :lol:

me thinks the Elliott caravans might just spank the ross boats unless the orange fruit is very special

And they're off !

Nice start in 8kts and sunshine

Doesn't feel like Wellington at all

Two sail to Pt Halswell some trying reaching sails but going deep

Montego first to hoist a kite and another good start with smithy looking famous in the first mile.

At about 5.40 I was cooking dinner on the Barbie when the first boat came out the heads, I have kept watching until now and I can still count 12 sets of nav lights from the lounge with a few look to be going backwards into cook straight.

Forecast is N-NE ish 25 gusting 35 and rough sea, might be a slower leg for the smaller boats.

Its the big blows from the SE that turn that coast into the washing machine it can be so maybe not so bad.

Good luck fellas!

Must be about time to withdraw the protest regarding conditions. It's going to be another long and bumpy night for them. Blink starting to stretch and Django is having a blinder. Will is doing well on Berenice too. Tailor made for the old IOR warhorse.

They have to earn the right to board the bus for the infamous Napier Vineyard Tour...

Although conditions could be much worse they are certainly more than a little uncomfortable out there! Napier is a great destination to recharge for the final charge to the finish.

Bushido has the idea - close in the breeze is a better angle. She's looking really good at this stage...

The Oracle has illuminated our dark our lonely lives.

Awesome performance through the night Smithy! Go the Marshall!

Archived