Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

Zoe Hawkins:

To anyone who's ever admired Ellen Macarthur or Claire Francis or dreamed of doing something that's bigger than ben hur, you'll definitely want to like Ash's page and follow her on her journey to the Solo Tasman. She's not funded by parents or benefactors, she's the real deal, making it happen against the odds.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please follow the link below to find out more:

https://www.facebook....Solo.Challenge

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my page, hope you enjoy! :shifty:
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William A. Ward

#2 RushMan

RushMan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:28 PM

Good luck with the new boat, sorry I can't help with the repairs but looking forward to following your progress with Stinger

Living the dream!

#3 Marshy

Marshy

DayStar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,497 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

What happened in the end with the old boat? I saw it at Kawau on anniversary weekend, did someone buy it off insurance and repair it all?
<p>Marshy - I may have gone to the Darkside, but I'm loving the VMG to windward....

#4 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,182 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

Bought it from the insurance co. Repaired it??? It needed repair :lol:

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Hey Scubash. Will you marry me? I've been wishing for a woman like you all my life. :wink:
Good luck with everything. :thumbup:

#6 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Good luck with the new boat, sorry I can't help with the repairs but looking forward to following your progress with Stinger

Living the dream!

Thanks Rohan! Could really use your help, but the moral support is always good as well! :D :thumbup:

What happened in the end with the old boat? I saw it at Kawau on anniversary weekend, did someone buy it off insurance and repair it all?

Yes, the guy bought it on Trademe real cheap, sealed her up from the outside and popped her back in the water. Apparently she takes on about a litter a day of water. I personally would not have done that, but it's his boat now, so can't really say much to change that. Atleast she didnt get chopped up for parts as she is a good boat!

Hey Scubash. Will you marry me? I've been wishing for a woman like you all my life. :wink:
Good luck with everything. :thumbup:

Ha :lol:

Well first off....how good are you with tools? Sailing? What baggage do you come with? Are you hot? How old are you? :think: :P

Don't think my partner would be to happy if I turned around and married you... BUt hey maybe in a month he will be running away from me, so stay tuned! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William A. Ward

#7 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Happy to see so many LIKE's in just a couple of day's! Keep them coming...Let's see if we can make 100 before tomorrow morning! :thumbup: :clap: :D

#8 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Come on guys and gals, just 2 more LIKE's to make it to 100!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

#9 banaari

banaari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 979 posts
  • LocationKerikeri

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Come on guys and gals, just 2 more LIKE's to make it to 100!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Stand by for one from my dog...
"Well I was born in the sign of water"

#10 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Stand by for one from my dog...

Haha thanks to your Dog we reached 100 LIKE's now I would like to reach the goal of 200 by friday, can we make it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users