#21 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'm an engineer, so I'm good with tools. Been sailing about 25 years...Only baggage I have is a carry on with my sailing gear. Am I hot? Well, I'm Italian :wink: Age is just a number, but I'm over 25.
Sorry about your partner. I hope he has GSOH. :)

Actually he has been very supportive through the process! He deserves :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap: :clap: :clap: Especially having to put up with me! :lol: He is also learning along the way, as he knows less about boats than I do, but has more experience with tools than I do. :P Hopefully he will gain more appreciation for boats and that at by the end of this project, it will have encouraged him to want to learn to sail and to be more enthusiastic about getting out on the water.

But that aside, guys we are almost to 200 LIKE's! Please show your support by hitting the LIKE on my page and also by sharing with your friends. Would be very much appreciated! :thumbup:

https://www.facebook....Solo.Challenge

We have done quite a bit so far. Removed all the deck gear, cut the deck out and have now chiselled & grinded back half of the deck. Once finished with that, we still need to pop off the cabin top, to where I will take advantage of filling in all the holes and then sanding it to make it look all new and pretty again. Also with the cabin top off we can get to the last bit of deck to chisel it away and to be able to lay the new deck down. Before that though, will also take advantage to sand the interior and reseal it. Hahaha and then.... and then... and then..... it never ends!

Here I thought I was only fixing the deck and now I am re-doing the entire boat. Might as well....get her done and get her done right! Then it all comes down to proper maintenance. :thumbup:

Anyone know of a Cat 1 safety inspector that could come by and give advise to any changes/modifications that I need to do to make sure it meets Cat 1 regulations? I don't want to have to do it twice.... best moment to make any changes needed to be done, is now! The boat is from the early 70's Whiting half toner, triple skin Kauri. Much appreciation in advance for any help!
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William A. Ward

#22 wheels

wheels

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Chris had better keep his Socks pulled up though by the Sound of it Ash :wink: :lol:

PM KM as he has a good friend that is an inspector and is helping him through his Rebuild. I think they call him Popa Smurf :wink:

#23 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,180 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Pics Ash, Pics!!!

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#24 Scubash

Scubash

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationAuckland, NZ

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Pics Ash, Pics!!!

If you would LIKE my Facebook page, you would see pics! Lots of pics!
So come on everyone, LIKE my page and support my challenge! :D

https://www.facebook....Solo.Challenge
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails." -William A. Ward

#25 island time

island time

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 5,180 posts
  • LocationHome from Cruising, Now Gulf Harbour

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hi Ash, Ok, lets be more clear. PICS on here!! Not everyone uses facebook you know! And I liked the page already.... :D

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

#26 Black Panther

Black Panther

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,068 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

And for those of us who consider facebook a narcissistic wank fest?
“If we don’t change our direction, we will end up where we are headed.”

#27 Atom Ant

Atom Ant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,839 posts
  • LocationGulf Harbour in the Tropics

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

And for those of us who consider facebook a narcissistic wank fest?

+1 Couldn't put it better myself. That and twatter.

But I wish you all the best with your endeavours.

#28 RushMan

RushMan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Hi Ash, Ok, lets be more clear. PICS on here!! Not everyone uses facebook you know! And I liked the page already.... :D

Psst... Follow this link and you get to see the photos without having to be part of the FB crowd

https://www.facebook... ... tos_stream

It doesn't help Scubash's long term goal of "likes" for a potential sponsor but you will be able to see the photos

#29 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

I don't see why she doesn't post a few pics here as well, at least she can see how many times they've been viewed. quite often it can be more times in a day than how many likes she may or may not have.
If she's after a sponsor in the marine game the wider the coverage the better ?

#30 RushMan

RushMan

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

I don't see why she doesn't post a few pics here as well, at least she can see how many times they've been viewed. quite often it can be more times in a day than how many likes she may or may not have.
If she's after a sponsor in the marine game the wider the coverage the better ?

I hear the boat builder that is overseeing the repairs has them working 18 hour days, no time to post in more than one place :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

BNG