What were you doing when you were 19?

Changed

looking good down there,

whats the possibility with Hamish being down that way now of being the "on the spot Crew reporter" and posting more photo's of boats as they arrive and such like.

not long to go now...

long range weather ...?... strong SW and wet..!! depending on where the system ends up, but there are plenty more expert people on here to predict than me ..

I'll be in the Naki over Easter and plan to watch the start from somewhere - not sure if I can get on a boat, but the breakwater usually gives a good view so will try and post some photos. There's a farewell dinner on Friday night but won't be up in time for that.

I'll definitely post a few photos and will try and get some video up from the start. The breakwater is looking quite different with a few extra keel boats down there. Cory is doing a great job to get the Ant sorted, I'm sure he can't wait to get going!

A job well done, and worth doing.

Very few at 19 will do this kind of thing, but that is more than ok, because other 19 year olds need heroes.

People of their own age that inspire them to take up dreams and challenges for their futures.

It may be as simple as "one day I will go sailing"....that then moves to "one day I will own a boat".....

Media manipulation of kids is a very fine art these days.

The challenge is not to disconnect them from their media device but rather to convince then to connect to ...

https://www.facebook.com/AtomAntRacing

:D :D

Forgot to mention the only female entrant Lisa battling head winds to get to NP on time from Aus. The boats that have sailed over from Aus just to sail back are really keen and worth a mention.

Thanks for best wishes.

Back down to NP tomorrow. The weather looks horrible for coming week so hopefully the aftermath will bring good sailing weather.

Archived