Weather

Fogg

Thanks for that.

can you please state the number on boats damage and there type.

Was the Roberts design millennium damaged.

That's the email I got from GH Marina as I have my boat there. I'm not local to there so you'll need to go and have a look yourself for damage sorry.

For anyone with boats up north in Whangarei I've just got back from a drive out to Urquharts bay to check on my multi. No wrecks along the coast line and all the swing moorings from Tamaterau out to Urquharts look good, I dont know Parua Bay well but that was pretty sheltered.

Only boat missing was a ali bow loader parked up in Mcleod's but he may have mooved on. No broken masts, No furler issues, No real visible problems

Just had a good look at my boat shed :thumbdown: The boats fine though but been a bit tipped up so I'll have to relevel her as well. Bugger!!!!, a weekend of repairs ahead.

What gets me is it's the west side of it pushed in and the fridge that blew down the drive was from a westerly wind. Did the wind swing to the west towards the end, all I saw was easterlies.

It swung a bit west about 0430 KM, prior to that it had quite a bit of south in it, I know as I was at Westhaven 0300 to around 0400 then home. Was checking the babies and a few others on G while I was own there. Lady M was pinned against the end of G but the Southerly twist and I mean pinned, 12 T of pinned. I was more concerned she had kicked the fenders up and was grinding against the dock.

Hence I got out of bed at 0250 then drove the 4WD across a few peoples lawns to avoid trees to get down there. I dont usually do that unless I have been drinking.

Wind Data from the Harbour Bridge. Looks like it peaked at 58 gusting 72kts and the direction moved from East to South to West.

Interesting to see that some of the boats have dragged their moorings rather than broken them. we've now had the yachts on either side of us drag their moorings about 100m in different storms. That doesn't seem right to me!

I'm glad Classique missed poor little Freedom as Classique would have definitely won that battle! Must have gone past pretty close.

Harbour Bridge Wind June Storm 14.JPG

What an interesting Graph. A reasonably linear increase to peak and then just drops away. I would have expected a slower rate of increase as it rises and a flattening out of the line at peak for a while. It's like the pressure increased and increased till a Cork popped somewhere.

Hi There folks,

If people on this board have boats in Maharangi suggest you check them out as have had a report from a friend that checked out Chloe in Jamison bay.

Boats on the hard all over the place and a lot with moorings still attached. Robinson boatyard has been down checking boats and pumping out damaged boats. I guess one could give them a ring and find out if one off them is yours.

Apparently a lot off boats are floating in placers they don't belong but still have moorings attached.

This weather has, in fact, opened up new sailing opportunities.

This is the rugby pitch in Tauranga:

Every cloud has a silver lining. Just think if we flooded all the rugby grounds in the country and started free sailing lessons........

This weather has, in fact, opened up new sailing opportunities.

This is the rugby pitch in Tauranga:

Every cloud has a silver lining. Just think if we flooded all the rugby grounds in the country and started free sailing lessons........

:clap: :clap: :clap:

So, has anyone heard anymore about what happened to Classique and why she dragged her mooring?

She must have come right through the mooring field to end up where she did? Did she pick up some other moorings on her way through and are those boat owners chasing her owner for damage?

I heard that her mooring was just a big old anchor! What are the rest of the old ferries and shitters hanging off? Which one is going to nail our mooring field next time?

Seemed quite a few boats around the region dragged their moorings? Are we undersizing them?

So, has anyone heard anymore about what happened to Classique and why she dragged her mooring?

She must have come right through the mooring field to end up where she did? Did she pick up some other moorings on her way through and are those boat owners chasing her owner for damage?

I heard that her mooring was just a big old anchor! What are the rest of the old ferries and shitters hanging off? Which one is going to nail our mooring field next time?

Seemed quite a few boats around the region dragged their moorings? Are we undersizing them?

Not sure if this one was part of the carnage. The owner said it was hit on the mooring

IMG_1215 copy.jpg

Is that the same boat in this picture - left moored by the forestay... Unconventional way to moor it i guess... Thats why you always run a safety back to something further aft!!

Hint - Zoom in and at the forestay...

10380277_10152511311648552_3795093773958556455_n.jpg

Archived