Children's inflatable life jackets

broadoak

We are trying to find inflatable life jackets with an integral harness for our grandchildren aged 3 and 7. We like the Baltic brand but there don't seem to be any advertised anywhere in N Z. Can anyone suggest where we might be able to find either the Baltic brand or have experiences with other brands that are available here?

Baltic, distributed by Safety at Sea in Westhaven. There is Hutchwilco which produce a good quality and economical one as well. Not sure if RFD/Survatec do the XM anymore.

Hope that helps your search.

The inflatables are less bulky and as they like to help around the boat we have less worry about them falling overboard when harnessed on. They have been active crew since they were very tiny, they wear non inflatables when in dinghy fishing and out and about on the pier. Thanks Matt for pointing out the advertiser here. I will contact them as well .

Yeah we have both for Tyler - A "wet" lifejacket and a "Dry" lifejacket (Auto Inflatable). Idea being he wears the wet one in the dinghy, and swimming etc. But the inflatable is far more cumfy for them when on a passage etc. They can lie down without it being bulky, he can easily sleep with it etc. - Best thing i ever bought... errr i mean stole (Thanks Wafer!) :-P

Baltic don't do kids inflatables. An adult inflatable harness will work once they sprout - say 9 or 10ish. My kids run Baltic wet vests and XM but there are other options

Archived