labour Weekend

Black Panther

Awesome weekend, parked off Cheltenham Fri morn and watched the Classic start, upped the pick and a great ride to Kawau, perfect day Saturday and a great ride home on Sunday. Doesn't get much better (although the water temp could be better :shock:

k6a.jpg

You're scaring me now. I am imagining my engine sitting up in Opua slowly rotting away from the inside.
Sorry mate, I should have said. That kind of damage was the result of possibly years, not just weeks or even months, and cavitation corrosion only occurs when the engine is running anyway.

For many Jap engines,(not all, but most Passenger ones) they have a Bush type Bearing in the engine circulating pump and it needs the Inhibitor for lubrication. Straight water does not work well, but once again, we are talking huge hrs on the engine to cause a problem. The TD42 Nissan has an aluminium plate directly behind the pump. I don't know about your Pathfinder engine, but it may do. That plate is bad at being worn right through from the water swirling around and then it dumps the cooling water into the engine. Once again, big hrs needed, but still worth keeping good additive up to the engine.

By the way, very few Mechanics ever used Distilled water. Once again, the additive pack in the Anti-freeze is sufficient to sort the water out to all the correct requirements.

Awesome weekend, parked off Cheltenham Fri morn and watched the Classic start, upped the pick and a great ride to Kawau, perfect day Saturday and a great ride home on Sunday. Doesn't get much better (although the water temp could be better :shock:

I envy you the fri am start.. great idea . We left about 4.30 or so fri but sailed back sun to izzy in the end, we'd thought Station on motutapu for the night but decided to carry on around a bit more. mon am we motored into the westerly to get home. Perfect day on saturday !

That's better, so a good excuse for another visit to the boat before Xmas but no need to panic if i can't make it. Definitely going up Dec 17th and don't need to be in AK till the 22nd for the rum race so will do it then if not earlier

Archived