RNI 2016

Do we have a "go" for the RNI 2016? I have to plan how long it will take to fit my canting keel to the Marshall.

Haha.  Better start that project now!  And keep us up to date with how it is going!

Sounds like you're keen to go again?

Haha.  Better start that project now!  And keep us up to date with how it is going!

Sounds like you're keen to go again?

Yup, very keen. Brilliant race last time. Really enjoyed it! Just need that oil price to go over $150 a barrel so my employment is guaranteed. Keel, bowsprit, A2, Fro, etc etc.. The list is endless!! Then I see yachts like Omega for sale with everything done for $220K and think sell the Marshall and buy that......... Not the same as a Ross 40 though.. :-).

Yes Deb is right, RNI race is scheduled for 2017 and we also hope to run a RNZ race in 2018. there will be a longer 2 handed race next Anzac weekend (2016) as well which can be used as a qualifier for RNI.

• Upvote 1

great to see all this getting planned and talked about .... real keen on RNZ, on Oracle or something else by then. but isnt solo tasman in 2018 too?. bit of a clash there or is the thinking that those mad enough to do the tasman solo wouldnt want to do RNZ?..  what about 2019 for RNZ. I don't think i have ever planned that far ahead in my life..!!

• Upvote 1

One more thing to throw into the mix - In 2019 there is possibly going to be a Tall ships race around NZ to celebrate an anniversary (no idea which one) of Capt Cook. Other boats should be able to join in.

Anyone who wants a taste of the RNI should be doing the Anzac 200, very similar just on a smaller scale. Interesting and possibly tough at times course, finishing in a cool place, surrounded by like minded people with ample opportunity to catch up and shoot the breeze because everyone doesn't just disappear home after the finish.

Hmm, Tempted, but my main is so rotten that the Admiral put her hand through it the other day. Amazing it has not yet exploded! Hope to order another one from Booboo in the next month or so if I can keep up my current work level!! Then I should be all good. :-)