Round Waiheke

ScottiE

I think the PineHarbour/Maraetai BC race was cancelled last year because it clashed with a fishing competition. Waiheke BC run their own supposedly on the 8th March this year Which was obviously not well publicized. http://www.waihekeboatclub.co.nz/Round_the_Island_Race_2015.html

Personally I think we could do better with our own (NZMYC) race starting and finishing from Orakei Wharf. Problem would be finding a time when it would suit everybody. Open, 8.5s and a cruising division. Keelboats in the cruising Div?? ;-) 

I think the PineHarbour/Maraetai BC race was cancelled last year because it clashed with a fishing competition. Waiheke BC run their own supposedly on the 8th March this year Which was obviously not well publicized. http://www.waihekeboatclub.co.nz/Round_the_Island_Race_2015.html

Personally I think we could do better with our own (NZMYC) race starting and finishing from Orakei Wharf. Problem would be finding a time when it would suit everybody. Open, 8.5s and a cruising division. Keelboats in the cruising Div?? ;-) 

Good idea Greg. The 'Round Waiheke' race is an obvious race for any yacht club (no matter which one) to promote. I'd love to see it revived and an Orakei start makes perfect sense. Think it would be more popular if it started and finished in Auckland and not Mareatai.

Why not Spring Regatta - Richmond Yacht Club in September. First race of all clubs for summer season, part of Gold Cup Series and all sponsored.  Starts and finishes at Orakei.

Why reinvent wheels and dilute the ever decreasing pool.

Why not Spring Regatta - Richmond Yacht Club in September. First race of all clubs for summer season, part of Gold Cup Series and all sponsored.  Starts and finishes at Orakei.

Why reinvent wheels and dilute the ever decreasing pool.

I didn't even know this race/series existed. Usually a bunch of multis out of the water at this time (september) too. March timing suited a lot of people better, at one time anyway.

Is there (or could there be) a single website with a calender showing all the various club racing programs?

Archived