VHF frequency changes

Hi Guys

Friom the information I have seen - mainly provided in the links earlier in this post, there seems to be a bit of an overestimate of what effect the change in channel allocations will have on existing VHF radios. Here's a run down of how an existing VHF will work with new channel allocations

Existing Channels 1-18 , 27-77:

NO CHANGE - You will be able to use your radio as you have been for any of these channels

Existing Channels 20-23:

You will still be able to recieve Now Casting weather by tuning to the correct frequency - New channels which start with "20", such as 2019 or 2079, can be recieved by tuning to old channels without the 20 - so in my example channel 19 or 79. Note your local weather channel may change, for instance Hokianga currently transmits on CH22 will transmit on 2079.

New Channels 1019,1020,1078, 1079

You will be able to transmit on these frequencies by selecting the channel without the "10", But you won't be able to recieve on these frequencies.

All other channels:

Will now be used for data purposes, you will still be able to select these frequencies but you should not transmit as you may be interupting data transmissions.

Like I said this is based on the information I have been able to access, I do not have all of the information and welcome any modification and any further information on the subject.