2015 Crew.org Rum Race

Freedoms Entered!

Dear Mr Handicapper, As Freedom has been out of the racing scene for a little bit, I thought I'd attach a photo of current setup to help guide you on a suitable handicap for our fine monomaran.  :roll:  :roll:

12308778_10153966658247985_5292426886286413170_n.jpg

Disclaimer: The Boat builder has called and said a "minor" addition will be added on the day before the race.   ;-) 

Dear Mr Handicapper, As Freedom has been out of the racing scene for a little bit

I'm not sure your holiday counts as a little bit. From what I can ascertain, Euphoria has been out of the racing scene for eternity.

Freedoms Entered!

Dear Mr Handicapper, As Freedom has been out of the racing scene for a little bit, I thought I'd attach a photo of current setup to help guide you on a suitable handicap for our fine monomaran.  :roll:  :roll:

attachicon.gif12308778_10153966658247985_5292426886286413170_n.jpg

Disclaimer: The Boat builder has called and said a "minor" addition will be added on the day before the race.   ;-) 

It would be really easy to make a proa out of that

Still early days for entries, most come in a day or two before.

As below, if you're not on the list and haven't seen an email from me acknowledging your entry, it may well have gone astray so try again or post here.

Sundreamer          really fast really big cat

The Entertainer     really fast Ross 930

Ma'ara              Dufour 525 Grand Large,really large

Black Panther       fastest Spencer 63 ever built

Euphoria            one of those really fast GBE

Slippery Beaver     really fast YW Diamond

Where's the entry for the wickedly fast Ross 930 that was going to be so fast that it broke PHRF :thumbup:

Is there anywhere in the westhaven area I can get all the passengers to muster and board the boat on the night? I don't want the hassle of getting a dozen people out to the mooring by dinghy.

Thanks David, I'll keep it in mind, but hoping to find somewhere without any boats nearby...

I'm still learning to drive this thing, it doesn't really spin like the trailer yacht! And I quite like your paint job on your boat rather than on mine!

Try the boat ramp floating dock or fuel jetty Y (I think) just need access though the gate

Or ph the marina they are almost finished the new berths where the grid was, sales berths maybe ?

Course and time to be invented by a blind man IIRC

Ah, so you've done this race before? :)

staggered start with the first boat away at 5:45pm. Usually 2 or 3 different courses to make it more interesting, and the handicapper somehow manages to organise 100 odd boats sailing different courses and starting at different times to all finish within seconds. 

From memory head toward your side of the harbour the instant you cross the finish, otherwise be prepared to wait for a mile-long wall of boats finishing before you can get back across. I made that mistake once, finished near the front and then headed north to keep away from the other boats. Was quite a while before we got back to westhaven, just couldn't find a gap big enough to cross safely! Probably a bit like crossing the southern motorway with your ankles tied together :)