SthnJeff

Ceramco for sale

Poor old Ceramco - there was talk by the previous (last?) owner after the 2013 Rolex Big Boat series in the US about doing another Sydney-Hobart, and then bringing her back to NZ which would've been pretty cool.  Looks like it would require a massive restoration effort now though. 

The world is littered with old race yachts some in very very good condition but the limiting Factor is their deep-draft I can see her staying where she is for ever

as an aluminium yacht builder I would never touch her with a 40 foot barge pole I know the work involved

they built her 4 line honours but she was never competitive enough being that much shorter than the maxi's of the day I remember the day she left on a ship for England

I also had my first yacht down there at Kings Wharf I think it was the day Outward Bound sailed for England I remember Wheels dropping a 4 litre pot of paint from the masthead onto the cork deck what a bloody tragedy that was