What an amazing Easter weekend.

I can't recall one in recent years as good as that. Why o Why didn't we take the tuesday as well( had guests to get back).

And fish , for ' he's here so might as well put the rods away' moi, there was just endless.

Mostly kahawhai , but the boils ups were everywhere across the Firth and Coromandel. Snappers underneath and all.

While out there we had a conversation on the etymology of the word "Easter". Turns out it is a bastardisation of the name of the Egyptian goddess Ishtar.

When the Christians were trying to increase their influence they took over the springtime festival celebrating Ishtar and decided to call it the day Jesus popped back up.

The fun part is that Ishtar was the goddess of SEX and fertility (hence bunnies and eggs).

We decided to celebrate Ishtar. I've changed my mind about Easter.

While out there we had a conversation on the etymology of the word "Easter". Turns out it is a bastardisation of the name of the Egyptian goddess Ishtar.

When the Christians were trying to increase their influence they took over the springtime festival celebrating Ishtar and decided to call it the day Jesus popped back up.

The fun part is that Ishtar was the goddess of SEX and fertility (hence bunnies and eggs).

Yeah....nah... close but not quite.

Ishtar was just one of the many names for her, depending on which language you spoke at the time, due to which ever "peoples" took up the religion of Sun Worship. She was actually Assyrian and in that language, she was known as Easter. Queen Easter in fact, the Wife of King Nimrod. The Assyrian Empire, called Mesopotamia, covered an area from Egypt, Turkey and Iraq. King Nimrod was the great grandson of Noah. He was also the guy behind the Building of the City of Babel and the Tower of Babel.

Easter/Ishtar is also known as Venus and the Goddess of fertility, love, war, and sex...... an interesting combination eh. There were a heap of other names as well. Some similar, like Oster and some completely different.

Sun Worship as a God was also in this period and over time, this was adopted to a celebration that took place in Spring.

The Christian use of the word Easter is really complex and a very long story. So i will keep this part short. Originally the celebration was the Jewish Passover. The Hebrew word for Passover just happens to be very similar to the Hebrew word Easter. Emperor Constantine (about 320AD) wanted to separate the Jewish celebration away fro the Christians. Constantine was also a Sun Worshiper and it was he that pretty much Bastardized the celebration, by creating a celebration of the resurrection of Christ and marrying it to the same time as another celebration for Spring. " The Egg first came into the story during this time, via a myth about some giant egg falling from heaven into a river and supposedly speaking of fertility. But over the thousands of years, various other stories also had a Egg and also the Rabbit involved for various reasons and some how that was all screwed up in the celebration also.

We decided to celebrate Ishtar. I've changed my mind about Easter.

Ummm....soooo....You and Wife have interesting conversations.

Only Boat in the Bay Rocking and not a ripple on the water huh ;-)