John B

A new seal

I'm keen.

Hobby one.

I have questions;

Like which part do I scratch to get past?

I heard playing Metallica loud gets rid of cougars.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/alone-on-a-hiking-trail-b-c-woman-scares-off-prowling-cougar-by-blaring-metallica

Not that I'm ever bothered by cougars. :mrgreen:

Thank god.

Bad seally, baaad seally.....That will work.

Just attended Giverny Forbes’ very informative presentation about leopard seals. Her research debunks a lot of myths and misconceptions about these creatures. Basically just leave them alone and they will leave you alone. We are very fortunate to have these mega fauna returning to our shores, after they and their cuzzies, fur seals and sea lions, were wiped out by our forefathers.

Although I was a bit pissed when Owha bit a whole in my inflatable dinghy last year, it was my own fault for leaving it in the water in the first place. I have to make the adjustment, not the seal. Might have to install a protective screen around the dinghy frame.

Yes, but Owha makes life very hard when on the pile moorings.

Don't won't to leave the dinghy tied up out at the piles, and risk another $350 repair. 

So constantly ferrying the dinghy back and forth to store on the dinghy racks.

Yes after listening to Giverny I was impressed by her growing knowledge of them , (there are at least 10 individuals resident around our coastline) she certainly knows a lot more than the DOC pair who spoke at Westhaven in 2016. Her feeling is that they are repopulating our coast and will continue with no one shooting or eating them now.

Interesting, I don't usually listen to "pod casts " not trying to denigrate anyone, but it came over to me as some sort of advertorial to me. Haven't quite figured out quite what for.