Classic Warning sticker

Been there, done that -- because we ignored the manual and used self-tailing winches for the sheets.

Long time ago, 40 ft French former racing cat.

Another very successful French cat, a racers-cruiser was named "inoui" beccause it reads the same upside down. I don't think she has ever capsized. Owned by a family who had built her. Teachers from Bordeaux and very enthusiastic sailors. Sailing to Norway on summer vacation? Sure, why not? Crossing the Atlantic? Absolutely!

Met them in Gonthenburg in the early 1990s.

/Martin

creepy, GDT, hurts, stealth, lucifer?, mamatri

does the 8.5 rule 

( more  generous in     w   i     d     e     than tall)

lead to more stable/safer tris than cats?

or has it just been conservative costs, design, sailing + luck

that has kept them all pointy side up?

Yes Laurie was on board at the time. They were in the coastal classic and got a huge puff, bobstay broke and prod ripped off which put the screecher out to the side and dragged them over. They righted it quickly with some help from the coastgard and suffered very little damage.

before going to alaska

pete melvin bought it and had his own ac72/a-cat type floats put on

re-named it mama tried and won the 2013 nationals

it just pointed higher :cry: (light wind year cat's couldn't unstick a hull?)

no buyers here at $75k? so he took it to california and won 

the 125nm newport - ensenada race

AUCKREG-479-2-620x350.jpg

http://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2014/05/04/pete-melvin-mama-tried-ruled-newport-ensenada-race/

In 2012, while in NZ working for Emirates Team New Zealand, I decided to buy an 8.5 meter multihull class boat so that I could race and cruise with my wife and three sons. We looked at a few boats and decided that we preferred a trimaran configuration over a catamaran, mostly due to the limited interior space in the 8.5 m (28’) cats. This was to be our cruising yacht for our stay in NZ!

We looked at a few boats and liked a trimaran designed by John Tetzlaff (JT) and Tim Clissold and built by JT for his own use in 2010.

We negotiated a deal that included JT building some new floats that I would design.

I wanted to increase the volume of the floats and also experiment with some hull shape concepts that I had been thinking about.

now sold, in new hands in seattle

preparing to go to alaska

https://www.facebook.com/MAMA-TRIED-227259010948110/

10649822_253782688295742_638694735148158