Jon

SSANZ Safety at Sea Triple Series

Soooo just about to enter Shorthaul Div2 as according to the SSANZ notice of race that's the division a Ross 830 should be in, thought I'd have a look at what other 830's are doing the series and found that they are both in Smallboat 2.

Along with them are E770 and E7.9. I'm torn now as I have gone and spent money on a PHRF cert and geared up for the longer races which if I go and race Smallboat with the other equal-ish boats to mine will have been a waste, but if I go into the suggested class we won't see which way the Sportsboats went!

Limited sail wardrobe, large chillybin and decent stereo.... Which class should we enter?

We entered in the Div with boats similar to us but someone changed us to the Sportsboat division. Just watch for that as your Series could pan out for you like it did for us, very boring. Get some fishing gear and shitload more alcohol ready just in case, that's how we got thru it in the end, excessive beers and a few good Kingis. The following year we didn't enter.

Have just put an entry for the big white bus.... hopefully Gary has finished the mount for autopilot ram by the weekend. I suspect we might be doing the instrument calibration and AP setup on the way out to the start though!

Nigel, Just enter in the small boat div, you should fit nicely in there.

KM, what on earth were you doing trying to enter a Ross 930 in the small boat division! Stay in the shorthaul sports div where all good 930s should be!

Entries close tonight so make sure you get it in ASAP.