Next project.

Looking at this stitch and tape construction for small boats, where wire is used to hold joints until the adhesive hardens and is then removed.

Why does every designer specify copper for the ties when florists wire can be had at the same gauge, strength and flexibility but at a fraction of the cost? Is there a reason for using copper?

a couple of advantages of copper wire 

- wrapping it around a soldering iron causes it to quickly heat so it breaks the epoxy bond and can be cleanly pulled out with a minimal sized hole

- soft enough not to cut into thin ply if over tightened and can be more easily retensioned if required to keep the edges fair

so if you've got it use it

if not other wires and ties can be used with a little more care

Cable ties! What a great idea, hadn't thought of that one. Going to give it a try.

Sick to death of Chinese deflatables with their limited life so resurrecting the molds and templates that I have for a 2.3m nesting clinker praam and going into production again. Plan to build one for me and a few extra and see show they go on TradeMe.

Cable ties! What a great idea, hadn't thought of that one. Going to give it a try.

Sick to death of Chinese deflatables with their limited life so resurrecting the molds and templates that I have for a 2.3m nesting clinker praam and going into production again. Plan to build one for me and a few extra and see show they go on TradeMe.

hmmm....

battling a deflateable now...

how much are you thinking for a nesting?

4mm?

pm fine

"clinker pram"

nest2.JPG

uh oh

missed that first time round

clinker beautiful but far more labour intensive than a box 

Ken if you read this this, weren't you looking at making a ply nesting dinghy?

HPIM3429.jpg