Knot Me... maybe

A not Anti-fouling anti fouling?

Thanks Dtwo. Agree with MarkMT - maybe you could go back to the parent company with what you discovered - grounds for cancellation of distribution agreement?

The cynic in me says that they've tied it up because it's too damn easy to apply and therefore would knock the aquaguard products - which they profit from with application services!

It think these businesses nail their feet to the ground by "protecting" their business by not supplying product to those that want to DIY. Because eventually an opposition product will come on the market and that Business will lose out to those that got peeved off with not being able to buy. If the product requires special application, or is very dangerous to apply without special protective equipment, then that is a little different. No DIY'er is going to try. But these products are not so. There are always going to be those of us that will get a pro to do the job, but for the ones like me that would have a go and then find you can't get it because of protectionism, I would naturally think stuff you and not deal with them at all ever.

I'm having it applied at the mo, professionally.

They say to reapply the top coat in 5 yrs? I can do my self as don't have do the whole process.

Would have been nice to have found some one that has used it before to get an opinion on it.

Had a major barnacle issue this year and I was destroying the previous af by scraping every 2 weeks, apparently even the barnacle foot will just wipe off with this - we'll see.

Curious how you came upon the product and the applicator. All seems very hush-hush.

The applicator had done work for me before, contacted him to put on no.5 (wanted a quick turn around) and he suggested the aqua cote, sounded like it would suit me. The importer came and saw me. I didn't manage to get any refrecences from them so that made me nervous, but what the hell couldn't be any worse than what I had.

I can only assume I'm one of the first?

I think they are yet to push it, perhaps getting the applicator/distributors sorted, I think they will be the same person. Sounds like you don't have to use their applicator (but maybe for prop) but they are who you buy from???

Preps all done, undercoating and top coats should go on tomorrow