Krisis, what crisis?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/boats-marine/yachts/multihull/auction-1137973726.htm

In 1982 the Auckland Multi-hull Sailing Association (now the New Zealand Multihull Yacht Club) made the event a reality, albeit without the power division.

Twelve intrepid skippers and their crews took part, among them Duncan (Cookie) Stuart, who was the association's commodore.

He won that first race sailing Krisis, his 42-foot trimaran. 

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=8215

Supertramp_-_Crisis.jpg

Yes, well, I did spot that TM listing. :)

Even my Euphoria-hating partner likes Krisis. In fact she ticks every box we have bar two.

Doesn't fit on a trailer, Doesn't fit my limited budget.

Damn.

Barring any structural issues, that looks like a lot of boat for the money!

So - you have to go on deck and down a hatch to use the head?   The wife would demand a different config!

I wish my savings plan was more advanced...

I agree with Cookie - the separate/outside loo is a definite selling point - way better than sleeping with your toilet!

You'll sometimes see tris of this vintage pop up on trademe for similar asking prices.  But you won't see any as tidy, organised, well maintained and well presented as Krisis.
You'll also see that there's not much on her that's frivolous! 

Jeez that boat is a New Zealand multihull legend.  Does anybody know if the cantilevered lounge and bedroom are as originally designed or an add on?  When sailing on Manu Puru way back in the 70's I don't recall there being much more space inside than what was on my Buccaneer 24 Capricorn. Yeah I know they're both way smaller than the mighty Krisis.

I wonder if I could sail it back across the ditch - - yeah no worries!

here's a pic of her

gallery_1988_24_135990.jpg

back before the 15hp?-40kg? outboard

was swapped for the 40hp-100kg? lombardini in-board diesel

apparently the lightest? marine diesel engine of its size

2 of which are the cruiser racer option for the SIG60 luxury cat

SIG45-2.jpg

• 70hp Yanmar diesels with sail drives;

• 40hp Lombardini diesels with sail drives (light weight option for cruiser racer - 110kg) 

http://www.cat-sale.de/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/SIG60-Specifications-June-2014.pdf

There is a good chapter on the updates Cookie made to Krisis in one of the 'blokes and boats' books that was published 10-15 years ago.  Apparently he was going to sell Krisis to get something more cruising orientated, but then got his tape measure out and started making a few additions....

whoe ever buys her has to keep her on the current mooring - at least until I get my boat back in the drink.  Its thoroughly theraputic watching the sun rise and beaming off her topsides while enjoying a freshly steamed long black!

There is a good chapter on the updates Cookie made to Krisis in one of the 'blokes and boats' books that was published 10-15 years ago.  Apparently he was going to sell Krisis to get something more cruising orientated, but then got his tape measure out and started making a few additions....

High Tide by Bernard Rhodes, Harper Collins 2002. The very first chapter.

With so much coastline, it was almost inevitable that New Zealand would spawn a nation of sailors. People like Danny, who, aged four, virtually moved aboard his rubber dinghy; aged eight, taught himself to sail a trimaran, and aged twelve bought a near-derelict Hartley 16 and restored it. Also featured is Duncan and his trimaran,"Krisis", which won the first Coastal Classic in 1982. Much slower, but no less interesting, is "Destiny", a pirate ship that runs on waste canola oil collected from takeaway outlets.

72806_Rhodes-Bernard--Moorhead-Brian_Hig

thanks for that

just bought online for $14.95 from fishpond

whoever buys krisis is welcome to borrow the book

though

it seems fishpond have 2 more copie as new for $15.90

and a 'used' copy for $4.95!

http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Books/search_used.php?id=9781869504533

seems to be some kind of trademe competitor?