Yacht missing around Gisbourne

JK

Knot Me has it in one.This Health & Safety thing has gone silly. It's not about H & S so much as control. Next up is boat rego and licensing to save us from ourselves. (Read fundraising and job creation ) Add in the do gooders and the nosey parkers and you have this situation. There is a case of a yacht that left harbour and was never seen again. Likely scenario was a suicide but absolutely no publicity. With nothing to be gained by the establishment nothing was ever said. On passage on the coast we make no reports and turn radio off. The gabble is nonsensical. Leave types like this guy alone.

I think it's pretty clear it's not an OSH reaction. It's a political reaction due to the publicity. Those in power can always find a bit of legislation to support what they want. Or they find compliant legal advice from a friendly Crown Solicitor which all other lawyers would tell you is crap. Or they just act illegally. I wouldn't be reluctant to keep pushing them and defending our rights.