The Famous BJ Tyres Single Handed series

World Famous in NZ - the BBYC BJ Tyres Single Handed series is back. Again tying in with the Richmond Vining Marine Single Handed Series...

Are you sick of trying to find crew? Bowman letting you down at the critical moment? – Well now is your chance to show them how it’s done…

With the 2016/17 BJ Tyres Single Handed Series…

Its battle of Man vs Boat. Last year saw a record 41 entries for this event, and this year is shaping up to be bigger and better than ever so get involved.

Big thanks to our faithful sponsor – B J Tyres  – much like a yacht needs a decent rudder, your car needs decent tyres… Go and see the new team at BJ Tyres for a deal today.

NOR and Entry form attached.

See you on the Water
BBYC Keeler Committee
Single Handed 2016-17.JPG

NOR - Single Handed Series 2016-2017 .pdf

Hi Guys

Have spoken with harbour master and mark is still missing so...

Amendment attached for this Sundays course - replacing Northern Leading Buoy with Rangitoto Race Marker.

Hope you all have a great race, and will see you at the club for a beer after.

Cheers

Marshy

Single Handed Ammendment 1 2017.pdf

Oh Goody!

We have just be advised that Motokorea Buoy is also missing - someone wants to make our life harder!

Anyhow please see amendment 2 - replacing Motokorea Buoy with a Laid mark in the vicinity of Motokorea for the start and finish mark for this sundays race.

Cheers
Chris

Single Handed Ammendment 2 2017.pdf

Looks like perfect weather for it.

So frustrating waiting for my repairs to be finished. I left the experts to it instead of building my own new boards, but now wishing I'd done both, 'cos I'd be sailing again by now!

Was actually a great day out. Hard work in the new boat, everything is pretty far away from everything else, and I saw between 7 and 27 knots of breeze so had a bit going on at times, but a very enjoyable experience overall.

Have been meaning to post here and say thanks to the bbyc team for putting the day on for us. Sorry for not coming up the river but a beat back up the harbour on my own in 20 knots looked hard enough already without having a few beers and then having to push the tide as well.

At least 3 so far - have got entries from Sledge, Voom and Dirty Deeds. But always welcome more :-)

Have heard back from 18 boats so far confirming they are coming, and there are about another 12 that have entered last year that im awaiting confirmation back from - so should be its usual massive event!!

tried desperately to get a pass out if only to provide somewhere for the others to sleep in comfort but regrettably the wife has made other plans.  The boys and I might follow down for a nosey though if the weather looks okay - still trying to get that one across the line!

We have a roll call so far as:

Open

Dirty Deeds

Catabatic

Stealth Mission

Voom

Sledge

Space Station

Heartlight

Wild Oats

Ocean Express

Lightfoot