John B

Gribs one or two times a day, Cruising.

How best to get them?

Iridium go?

Sat phone?

delorme?

I was surprised to be told at the boat show that iridium go does not work with laptops, that you need a tablet or smartphone. That doesn't preclude it, we have those .

And a side question , how come you can't talk to a person at predictwind? Its all just website helpdesk.

I'm Iridium Go via Predict wind. I can get GRIBS, routeing, tracking, email, phone, some imagery and a bit of other lovin using it.

But as IT mentions, no interweb and best to only do txt email and so on, it runs at only 2.5kb or some tiny number.

Thanks guys. I think that is the way to go , I was just surprised that the sat phone/ iridium go guys at the boat show were adamant that it doesn't work with a laptop. Absolutely adamant.

So I asked another electrical/ electronic guy on another stand and he said that ' it could be done with some trouble, but didn't know if it would work work with windows 10'!

Predict Wind, ph 09 801 8058 hours 9am-6pm Monday-Sat... (From their website) Does it not work?

Also from the website;

"PredictWind Offshore App

With Built In GRIB Viewer
The Iridium GO! is fully integrated with the PredictWind Offshore App. Getting GRIB files, Weather Routing, GMDSS text forecasts and satellite imagery offshore has never been easier"

For Windows, Mac, and Ipad/Iphone