Womens Sailing - Equality

I also assumed the surgeon was a man. Does that make me a misogynist? I don't think so. Definition of a Mysoginist:

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Most surgeons are male so it's a natural assumption to make, which is exactly what the story is meant to do! To say then, that the thought is therefore Mysoginistic is a long bow, but unfortunately one that is frequently drawn these days.

Having said all that, the way this girl was treated was disgusting, and the whole thing was very badly handled. In my opinion, if her entry was accepted, she should have been free to sail. I do wonder why she was not sailing in the 49er FX class however, which is specifically female??

As an aside, most people know what Misogyny is. How many know what Misandry is?