Black Panther

Cabin Heaters

Go diesel BP

I sailed a 66'er down from Tonga a couple of years ago with one

We fired it up about two days out and warmed the boat really well

Safer,drier and you already carry lots of the correct fuel that's easy to get re filled

Just my thoughts

Not that I've ever used a lpg heater but have had a few dodgy times with gas califonts barking at me when lighting them.

Jon, the LPG one is room sealed - no fumes or moisture in the boat. The combustion is actually "outside" and the heat is via a heat exchange system. Perfectly safe, and much cheaper than the Diesel one. But, in cold conditions for a long period, diesel is better, as generally you have more of it. My LPG one will use a 4.5KG gas bottle in about 5 days if on continuously, providing about a 12 deg temp rise in my boat, when about 6-7 deg outside. 

I know someone up that way that may want to sell a used diesel fired water and cabin heating system, heats the boat via a number of small radiators each with its own thermostat and fan. Was in the cat I bought in Aus.It would involve a fair bit of instalation though with pipes running to each radiator.  The webasto? diesel air heating units look pretty good.

TL - I'd be interested in checking that out. DUe to the layout of the boat I am going with a unit and ducting rather than bulkhead mount, but boy they are not cheap. (Currently spending all boat money on the house so we can sell it - I guess that is "boat money" in a way).  Matts propane one sounds good but maybe too small. 

I assume with diesel I'd need a lift pump as the diesel in in the top of the keel??