Black Panther

Banana Fritters

I don't fritter Bananas but I do slice them length wise and dip them in beer batter before a quick cook. Then if you feel real piggy dust them with Lime jelly crystals.

A mate did some one night and used peanut oil by mistake. Was surprisingly good but the flavour of peanuts was a bit too much, maybe thin it down with some Olive oil.

Which reminds me, where did I put that book on diets? :eh:

Banana fritters are simple, usually they are going a bit ripe by day 4 so instead of chucking them grab the ripest one and mash it in a cup, mix with self raising flour, a pinch of salt and an egg. Make sure its really well beaten with a fork adding milk or milk powder with water until its a smooth paste, experience will dictate how thin or thick it needs to be. Pour  into a medium low heated fry pan using plenty of butter to fry them but dont burn the butter. Sprinkle with sugar and lemon.

My missus makes scrambled banana for the kids. Egg yolk and a banana, the rest is the same as making scrambled eggs. Needs a low heat and constant stirring to not burn though, may not be such a problem if you don't have kids wrecking the place while trying to cook.

My missus makes scrambled banana for the kids. Egg yolk and a banana, the rest is the same as making scrambled eggs. Needs a low heat and constant stirring to not burn though, may not be such a problem if you don't have kids wrecking the place while trying to cook.

Not on the boat though, of course.

Can't have bananas on the boat.

You've all got it wrong

"Bananas are for the blender"

Plus any or all of the following

Ananas

Mangos

Limes

Pompalamus

Papaya

But non optional the following

Ice

Ron

With allergic children I make gluten-free fritters - 3/4 cup of rice flour, 3/4 cup of corn flour, 1/2 cup of tapioca flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, 2 eggs, a cup (or is it two) of milk.  Mash two bananas with a fork and add to the mix. Fry in lots of oil at a medium heat until crispy golden brown.  Pour rum over the lot once finished (the kids aren't allergic to rum apparently)  

Hmmm, the younger child does rather like rum. Hmmm. Am I a bad parent? :-D